Children's Card Game School


After nearly 20 years of the franchise
It's time to duel again! Sign In or Register


You are not connected. Please login or register

 

Yu Gi Oh Zexal World Duel Carnival 09/25/14

 

Message (Page 1 of 1)

avatar
 
Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:46 pm




Yu Gi Oh Zexal World Duel Carnival will be released for the Nintendo 3DS Eshop on September 25th at the cost of 19.99. Although late, the game will finally hit the day after tomorrow.

Unlike the Japanese version, however, a lot of content was removed from this version that mostly includes images and information of all kinds. It still contains over 5800 cards, some exclusive Anime cards and an empty banlist which you can customize in any way you want. Still, the reviews are not "high fiving' the sky", and unlike the "Tag Force" series, this one doesn't seem to have a strong following at this point. You can still indulge in Story mode played as one of many characters, each with it's own story and part to play in the overall sequence.

A few things to consider is that it is indeed a digital download, which means there's no physical, exclusive cards this time around. Also, the game lacks any sort of online gameplay.

For more information on the game, follow the link below.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal World Duel Carnival

Basic Info:

* 19.99.
* Digital Download Only.
* Over 5800 cards.
* No Online.
* Over 40 characters to duel against.
* Customizable Ban List.
* 500 slots for Deck Recipes.
* 6,654 blocks



Last edited by Heatnix on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total



View user profile


avatar
 
Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:59 pm

Still waiting for a 3ds emulator.



View user profile


avatar
 
New Member
New Member

Posted on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:21 pm

I'd still buy it. Just for better stimulation.
And the joy of earning cards again. xd



View user profile


avatar
 
Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:38 pm

Why is there no 3ds emulator QQ Also what content exactly got removed?



View user profile


avatar
 
Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:34 am

Ending images were removed, character profiles were removed, no photos, no "database" mode, pretty much anything that required some sort of additional translation or was so minor that could lighten up the game. Because it is a download only game, they needed to make it as light and approachable as possible, but they did it by cutting things which sucks.

Some playable characters were also removed, but all of them were really minor and unimportant since you can still play as Yuma, Astral, ZEXAL, Tori, Reginald, Kite, Dr. Faker, Vetrix, Trey, Quattro, Alito and generic Tag Force Dude. All the others you could play as were removed, but those mentioned before are pretty much the important ones.



View user profile


avatar
 
Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:45 am

FinFUCKINGly, its only been 2 years.



View user profile


avatar
 
Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Indeed they took their sweet time for this one. It's the first Yu Gi Oh Zexal game when Arc V has already been released.



View user profile


avatar
 
New Member
New Member

Posted on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:44 pm

Only download? Maaaan. That stinks. :C



View user profile


avatar
 
Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Yep, download only. That means no physical cards and you require to have a good SD card to hold it. I have no knowledge of how much space it takes, but I will update this topic tomorrow when I can check it myself.



View user profile


avatar
 
Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:15 am

Topic updated with block size.



View user profile


avatar
 
New Member
New Member

Posted on Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:02 am

@XraishionX 2.0 wrote:I'd still buy it. Just for better stimulation.
And the joy of earning cards again. xd

As far as I know there's no pack system.

When you play as a character in Story Mode, it gives you a prebuilt deck and a (semi-decent) selection of cards to use to alter it. Other than that, no packs.



View user profile


avatar
 
Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted on Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:19 am

It's a download only... I may or may not get it. Last Yu-Gi-Oh! game I got into was the first 5Ds. e.e But... looks interesting enough, though.



View user profile


avatar
 
Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:50 am

Definitely more cons than pros, but the price is relatively nice for huge fans of Zexal.



View user profile


avatar
 
Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:54 pm

@Heatnix wrote:Definitely more cons than pros, but the price is relatively nice for huge fans of Zexal.

Yes. I do agree the price is pretty good.



View user profile


avatar
 
New Member
New Member

Posted on Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:53 pm

lol what's with Konami and always having some huge con with their video games? Why can't they make DN for 3DS XD



View user profile


avatar
 
Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:56 pm

@EpicBoss99 wrote:lol what's with Konami and always having some huge con with their video games? Why can't they make DN for 3DS XD

IF ONLY they could do that, it would be amazing. But sadly, they can't.



View user profile


avatar
 
Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:13 am

Thing is that after DN they realized they can't go one on one against it. DN, although simple and annoying, gets updated relatively fast and has a huge database of cards. If you make a game to try to compete with them you'd need to update your database as fast as they do, which is a few days after and sometimes before a set or deck is released.

Updating games doesn't take much. A simple patch works, but, to add major content (in this case card info to the game that may include animation and rulings) it would require for them to pay the fee for DLC to make it accessible to the people, who in turn would need to pay an amount to get this content, inexorably taking us to the downfall of that game because of the basic idea of free > payed, even though the game by konami would surely have superior graphics and AI and mechanics.



View user profile


avatar
 
Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted on Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:02 pm

@Heatnix wrote:Thing is that after DN they realized they can't go one on one against it. DN, although simple and annoying, gets updated relatively fast and has a huge database of cards. If you make a game to try to compete with them you'd need to update your database as fast as they do, which is a few days after and sometimes before a set or deck is released.

Updating games doesn't take much. A simple patch works, but, to add major content (in this case card info to the game that may include animation and rulings) it would require for them to pay the fee for DLC to make it accessible to the people, who in turn would need to pay an amount to get this content, inexorably taking us to the downfall of that game because of the basic idea of free > payed, even though the game by konami would surely have superior graphics and AI and mechanics.

Well... That is something I really didn't know. I knew they just couldn't do it. But I didn't know that was pretty much the reason. XD



View user profile


avatar
 
New Member
New Member

Posted on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:59 am

@Heatnix wrote:Thing is that after DN they realized they can't go one on one against it. DN, although simple and annoying, gets updated relatively fast and has a huge database of cards. If you make a game to try to compete with them you'd need to update your database as fast as they do, which is a few days after and sometimes before a set or deck is released.

Updating games doesn't take much. A simple patch works, but, to add major content (in this case card info to the game that may include animation and rulings) it would require for them to pay the fee for DLC to make it accessible to the people, who in turn would need to pay an amount to get this content, inexorably taking us to the downfall of that game because of the basic idea of free > payed, even though the game by konami would surely have superior graphics and AI and mechanics.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Maybe they could make a game and have cards in it up to a pack with a new game mechanic in it, such as up to Duelist Alliance with the pendulums, and then keep doing that every time they add a new game mechanic. I feel like that would make more sense rather than just simply make a ton of DLC for a ton of money like they did in Decade Duels (The worst Yugioh Game by Konami in my opinion)



View user profile


avatar
 
Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 am

That really don't seem like such a bad idea...



View user profile


avatar
 
Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:27 am

*
POPULAR

Actually, the best way for them to go about it is to follow the free to play business model that many MMOs have adopted. Allow me to explain:

Invest on a game and make it as appealing as possible, but the biggest line of it is "free to play". Of course, it'd need to be for the computer or phones and tablets, which isn't such a problem. Why, you may ask? Because updates don't cost a thing in there unlike consoles.

So, after that, what you do is make a game where anyone can sign in and spend time inside. Just like a Tag Team game, you'd need to fight the AI or other people to access boosters packs and other benefits, like character customization. Imagine if you could have you very own duelist? People would like that. You can make teams, you can make guilds, you can walk around a city and duel people etc etc etc.

THEN! You prey on your community. There's a cash shop where you may purchase additional items to help your game, but not any kind of item... Anything from customization items for your character to additional booster packs will do. All sorts of things can be sold within a way for everyone to have access to these things so that it doesn't turn into the dreaded "pay to win" game, but at this point, a YGO game would become pay to win no matter what.



View user profile


avatar
 
Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:30 am

@Heatnix wrote:Actually, the best way for them to go about it is to follow the free to play business model that many MMOs have adopted. Allow me to explain:

Invest on a game and make it as appealing as possible, but the biggest line of it is "free to play". Of course, it'd need to be for the computer or phones and tablets, which isn't such a problem. Why, you may ask? Because updates don't cost a thing in there unlike consoles.

So, after that, what you do is make a game where anyone can sign in and spend time inside. Just like a Tag Team game, you'd need to fight the AI or other people to access boosters packs and other benefits, like character customization. Imagine if you could have you very own duelist? People would like that. You can make teams, you can make guilds, you can walk around a city and duel people etc etc etc.

THEN! You prey on your community. There's a cash shop where you may purchase additional items to help your game, but not any kind of item... Anything from customization items for your character to additional booster packs will do. All sorts of things can be sold within a way for everyone to have access to these things so that it doesn't turn into the dreaded "pay to win" game, but at this point, a YGO game would become pay to win no matter what.

Okay... I give... Heat knows EVERYTHING!!!!!!



View user profile


#23

Sponsored content


 

Posted





Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum