After nearly 20 years of the franchise
It's time to duel again! Sign In or Register

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watt [TCG October 2014]

Message (Page 1 of 1)

EpicBoss99

EpicBoss99

Posted Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:51 pm

Hello, Everyone! I'm EpicBoss99, and I would like some advice on my Watt deck. It's something that I had for years and have been editing by myself for a while. I want to go to regionals with it really badly, so I was thinking the makers of the "Pro Decklist" could help me out.

Now, I would like to stick to the theme of the Wattlock, or having 2 Watthoppers out and locking the opponent. I really only like to use the extra deck only for utility and support, and not something like a Watt Family deck. Also, I would like to keep this a pure watt deck, if possible Smile

Picture:

List:

Problems: The Main problem is Draw Consistency. I really want to fix that. I also want summoning to be quick while staying away from Special Summoning, mainly because it's what people look for to counter in the meta.

Thank you so much! Grin

bobee42

bobee42

Posted Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:15 pm

So I don't play watts, but I still might be able to give you some pointers.

First off, Dark bribe is not really played competetivly anymore. The side effect of giving a draw to your opponent can backfire in a huge way. Instead, if what you want is protection from backrow that interrupt your plays and attacks, try running Wiretap. its downside is not nearly as bad for you as giving your opponent a card, and while it only works on traps, most cards that would interupt your attacks or plays are traps anyways.

If what you want is consistency, try 3 pot of duality if you can find the room. Also, consider adding Cardcar D. Not only does it combo great with Pot of duality, but considering the ammount of defence this deck has, like Messenger of peace, you should be able to avoid heavy dammage & OTKs most of the time.

try taking out the 2 starlight road. Without heavy storm in the format, this card lost a lot of purpose. the only other commonly seen cards that could knock out 2 or more of your cards in one go are Torrential Tribute and Dark Hole. and on top of that, Dark hole is seeing less and less play due to its inability to harm much of the meta.

also, consider 2 Breakthrough skill. this card is an awesome main deck weapon against shaddolls, as it also re-useable on your turn (allowing two turns without Special summon restrictions from Shaddoll winda). it is also great against almost anything else, so it definitly has a place in the main deck.

personally, I like Dimensional Prison a lot more than mirror force. MF fails to get around Shaddoll winda, gives Burning abyss monsters their effects, activates the effects of Fire and Ice Hand (this is less relevant now, but still) activates madolche ticket's effect, ect. The card is not as good as it used to be. D-prison is better, imo, as it is able to get rid of Shaddolls, ignore hands, stop Burning abyss effects, and does not activate ticket.

3 fiendish seems excessive.

you should always run Compulsory Evac. Device if you run traps. also, try running Bottomless trap hole. it may not stop Shaddoll Winda, but it is still a great card.

if you want to get to watthopper faster, run 3 upstart goblin in a 40 card deck. this basically makes it so you are running a 37 card deck instead of a 40 card one. (cus if you draw an upstart, you can activate immiedatly, no matter what your hand is.)

also, Vanity's Emptiness is a great card. it locks the meta down, even if only for a brief moment, and forces your opponent to use resources. considering you don't want a special summon heavy deck, this card could work wonders.

if you have extra space, try adding threatning roar. it will help ensure that your watts live to see the next turn.

and fill out the extra deck. Even having an extra deck of cards you cant make is better than no extra deck.

one more thing: have a way to win without the Hopper lock. there are cards that are at least semi popular right now (Madolche Tiaramisu) that can beat the hopper lock. (Tiaramisu's effect to shuffle cards into the deck does not target.) have a backup plan.

Lainion

Lainion

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Well...1st of all I suggest taking out 2 double summons and using 2 wolf in sheep's clothing instead...yeah you gonna take damage from a direct attack but you gonna need only 1 hopper in hand to lockdown your opp and it's gonna be out of nowhere!
Also where's Wattcancel?That card is basically a solemn with no -2000 and since you run Recycling Batteries I personally don't think the discarding will be a huge problem but I suggest changing that Recycling Batteries to 3 as well...
Aaaaaaaand...that's all I guess.

EpicBoss99

EpicBoss99

Posted Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:15 am

Thanks for the Help, you guys! Now, to test! Grin

Lainion

Lainion

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:21 am

Just mentioned something really important....
No honest!?A light deck with no honest!?A pure light deck with no card that makes people hate going vs light decks!?

Also you didn't post a side but I suggest siding Fairy Wind since your deck is super weak vs Skill drain and sometimes only MST won't be enough...

Rika Furude

Rika Furude

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:26 am

Lemur is not good, take it out. Photon Lead is way better than Double Summon, replace Double Summon with 2 Lead.

Duality should be at 3.

2 Thunder Seahorse need to be in there. What's not to like about adding 2 Cobra to hand?

Threatening Roar is in my opinion far better than Swords and Messenger. I always use 3 of both Roar and Waboku in Watts, but you use a Hopper build, so you don't need 3 of both.

Honest.

Consider Magic Cylinder.

bobee42

bobee42

Posted Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:10 am

Rika Furude wrote:Lemur is not good, take it out. Photon Lead is way better than Double Summon, replace Double Summon with 2 Lead.

Duality should be at 3.

2 Thunder Seahorse need to be in there. What's not to like about adding 2 Cobra to hand?

Threatening Roar is in my opinion far better than Swords and Messenger. I always use 3 of both Roar and Waboku in Watts, but you use a Hopper build, so you don't need 3 of both.

Honest.

Consider Magic Cylinder.

Post #6

Listen to Rika, EpicBoss99. She is an amazeing duelist. You should feel honored to have been blessed by her wisdom.

In all seriousness, she is much better at this game than I am, so take her advice over mine.

EpicBoss99

EpicBoss99

Posted Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:16 pm

Thanks for the Help, you guys! Now, to test! Grin
bobee42 wrote:
Rika Furude wrote:Lemur is not good, take it out. Photon Lead is way better than Double Summon, replace Double Summon with 2 Lead.

Duality should be at 3.

Honest.

Consider Magic Cylinder.

Post #6

Listen to Rika, EpicBoss99. She is an amazeing duelist. You should feel honored to have been blessed by her wisdom.

In all seriousness, she is much better at this game than I am, so take her advice over mine.
 Post #7

Cool! I'll take both of you guys's advice.

EDIT:

Hey, I have a quick question, btw, Rika. It seems that monster effects are hurting me the most. What should I do to counter them?

bobee42

bobee42

Posted Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:10 pm

hey EpicBoss99.

Please avoid double posting (posting twice in a row). If you need to add to something, but no one has responded yet, I would recommend editing your previous post. Just click the "Edit Post" button to do that.

Thanks!
-- Bobbe42

Phoenix King™

Phoenix King™

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:01 am

More Wattdragontail!!!!

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum: