After nearly 20 years of the franchise
It's time to duel again! Sign In or Register

You are not connected. Please login or register

1st Battle City Prize Suggestion

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted on Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:33 am

The time has come for us to launch this website officially and one of the things we need to discuss prior to opening is the prize of out 1st tournament: Battle City.

We decided that the prize will be a STEAM GAME GIFT.

So, there is an option where we can say the prize is anything under certain amount of money or we can put one or few predefined games chosen by our community to be put up as prize to choose from.

My question to you is: should we use 1st option where member will choose a game under certain prize, or should we put up few/or one game we want to offer it as prize (if so, please suggest us which one you would like to see as prize)

There are benefits of both options: 1 option = you can choose what you want, so it's highly depending on what you like. 2 option = maybe you are not familiar with steam and putting some famous game you know about as prize would drag your attention more than just saying you find a game on your own lol.

Last edited by Amy Kool on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:20 am

I am suggesting Gmod.

View user profile http://www.duelacademia.com

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:11 am

so that garry is being very famous right?

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:29 am

I think we need to pick the game ourselves, something with a name that has some staying power amongst people who play games. Not Gmod. I don't know what that is and I'm a game designer involved into all kinds of news. If I don't know what it is, it's not worth it =p

View user profile

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:51 pm

@Heatnix wrote:I think we need to pick the game ourselves, something with a name that has some staying power amongst people who play games. Not Gmod. I don't know what that is and I'm a game designer involved into all kinds of news. If I don't know what it is, it's not worth it =p

Gmod is technically not a mod, it's a playable engine with every resource from half life and portal.

It in itself is a mod that it designed to be a playground.

The game is famous among the Youtubing community for gametypes like Prop Hunt and Hide and Seek.

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:56 am

That was exactly my point when I discussed the matter with Amy earlier: It uses other game's assets so meh and second it's a cult game. It's hit and miss.

I don't care how many Youtubers like that game, our job is to offer a reward that is universal.

View user profile

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:06 am

@Heatnix wrote:That was exactly my point when I discussed the matter with Amy earlier: It uses other game's assets so meh and second it's a cult game. It's hit and miss.

I don't care how many Youtubers like that game, our job is to offer a reward that is universal.
Then how about a 20$ Steam card instead?
Gmod was released by Valve buddy, it is its own resources.

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:42 am

Again, it uses other game's assets. It's not it's own game, it uses what they had for people to have random fun. It's a cult game.

A $20 card could be it, but Amy would rather give game choices to speed up the process by gifting them plain and simple.

View user profile

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted on Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:01 pm

gift card is sort of "let me give you cash and you do with it whatyou want in steam" sort of thing?

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:01 pm

I agree. People like to get money for Christmas, but it's very uneventful. We need to give things a name, that carries more weight than just giving away money for games.

View user profile

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted on Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:03 pm

I got no problems if ppl want such gift card lol. I thought you can only buy games, but i forgot you can buy other things on steam too so yeah if anyone wants that too, they can have it no problem. for us its just same 20$ is 20$ lol.

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:16 pm

We can still give a list of games like we planed right? That would accentuate the reward, make people want to have it.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum