After nearly 20 years of the franchise
It's time to duel again! Sign In or Register

You are not connected. Please login or register

Galaxy Eyes deck

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:08 am

Deck is very fun, potent, and pretty consistent, with 9 cards that summon from deck, and 6 searchers. Spams 4000 beaters like there's no tommorow. Deck could use quite a bit of criticism. Cloud Dragon is the most amazing card in the whole deck. It revives the Xyz. Summon Prime put Full Armored over it, detach Prime for eff, use Cloud Dragon, revive Prime, use Clouds 2nd eff to be xyz material on Prime, use Primes eff, gain 2800 attack. 28+40=68 (dmg will be halved tho...) then strike! 40+34=7400 dmg just like that. Now if its 8000 dmg you want...summon Tachy, put Full Armored on it, detach Tachy for eff, revive Tachy with Cloud, put another Full Armored on Tachy. Strike. That's 8000 damage. The Galaxy archetype is full of nothing but untapped potential, and I have decided to attempt at untapping that potential, and I'd like some help.

Last edited by Rika Furude on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:33 am

You know, now you call out to my interests. I like Galaxy a lot, maybe just after Heroes and Spellcasters.

I like what you have going on here, I'm just a little surprised to not having the means to get Galaxion, but I suppose your focus is entirely based on Rank 8s.

That being the case, I'd probably run 3 sanctuary and hieratic sun. I always do, it comes in handy often times and sanctuary just adds ammunition for it's effect.

Other than that I'd need to try this deck myself. I'm seeing a few things I don't quite get but without me trying them first I can't comment.

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:47 am

@Heatnix wrote:You know, now you call out to my interests. I like Galaxy a lot, maybe just after Heroes and Spellcasters.

I like what you have going on here, I'm just a little surprised to not having the means to get Galaxion, but I suppose your focus is entirely based on Rank 8s.

That being the case, I'd probably run 3 sanctuary and hieratic sun. I always do, it comes in handy often times and sanctuary just adds ammunition for it's effect.

Other than that I'd need to try this deck myself. I'm seeing a few things I don't quite get but without me trying them first I can't comment.

Galaxion is way too hard to summon, Photons are too sucky, and Galaxion isn't needed. Expedition can summon Photon Dragon from deck, and Soldier and Wizard can search it.

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:10 am

Quite right, quite right. I usually did thrasher and crusher into Galaxion for Galaxy Eyes, then expedition to Exceed for a rank 8, but eh, this works well too.

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:25 pm

This deck is MERCILESS!

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:07 pm

Yeah, pretty much. I like decks with huge, raw power and this is one of those decks.

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:37 am

A part of me dies inside whenever I see Vanity Emptiness. That card is just as OP as Royal Oprresion and needs to be banned .-.

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:28 am

I've been running this deck for a bit, checking it out and I have to say that it's power is uncanny. The potential to hit hard ans fast AND win is quite there. I've experienced it before with Galaxy Photons, but thanks to the new Galaxy cards Photons are no longer required as you stated.

I still somehow want to add trade-in somewhere, it would help dump galaxy eyes dragon easier for cloud to do it's job, but it doesn't really bother me much since cloud is just a little extra on what is otherwise a rank 8 factory. Maybe Guardian of Order would help a little, but it feels redundant. I'd still run 3 sanctuary, though, and no rank up magic.

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:46 am

@Heatnix wrote:I've been running this deck for a bit, checking it out and I have to say that it's power is uncanny. The potential to hit hard ans fast AND win is quite there. I've experienced it before with Galaxy Photons, but thanks to the new Galaxy cards Photons are no longer required as you stated.

I still somehow want to add trade-in somewhere, it would help dump galaxy eyes dragon easier for cloud to do it's job, but it doesn't really bother me much since cloud is just a little extra on what is otherwise a rank 8 factory. Maybe Guardian of Order would help a little, but it feels redundant. I'd still run 3 sanctuary, though, and no rank up magic.

Cloud isn't for reviving GEPD tho, you revive Tachyon with it, and then put Full Armored on it, unless you have Tachyon Transmigration in hand, you keep Tachyon on field so you can negate some shit. So funny when you negate more than one card with it.

Trade-In would be nice drawpower but hard to fit in =S.

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:43 pm

I had no idea Cloud could revive Tachyon, that's great. I knew Galaxy Zero helped with overlaying Armored, but not Cloud. That's really cool, nice.

I really enjoy this deck right now, cept I'm running mine without rank up magic.

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:01 pm

Double posting, it's cool, Admin business.

What the purpose of Sage in here? Aside from recovering some LP to afford Solemn. I removed them and one Accelllight and added 2 trade in and 2 guardian of order instead to try it out. It's doing... good things so far, especially for Neo Galaxy Eyes, and Trade In helps getting rid of GEPD for Knight to bring back, so it's kinda working out. I'm just fairly sure I've made this deck a lot more riskier.

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:42 am

Mirror Sage is for consistency. Gives the deck 9 cards that summon from deck: 3 Expedition, 3 Accelight, and 3 Sage, along with 6 searchers: 3 Wizard, and 3 Soldier. I hate getting bad hands so I try to max out consistency. 15/41 of the deck searching or summoning from Deck makes it pretty consistent.

And yes, Cloud can summon Tachyon. That's what makes it such a great card. It can summon ANY of the Galaxy Eyes Xyz: it can summon Tachyon, Neo Tachyon, Full Armored, Neo Galaxy Eyes, and Galaxy Eyes Prime. It says "Galaxy Eyes Monster" not "Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon."

You can use Tachyon Transmigration with any Galaxy Eyes monster on field too btw, even Cloud. But you can only use it from hand with Tachyon or Neo Tachyon on field, so whenever I have Transmigration in hand, I keep Tachyon out until I use it.

If you don't like Mirror Sage, Shining Angel works too, but I like the LP gain from Sage. Makes running Solemn Advice feel much safer.

Also, another great thing about Transmigration: since you can use it from hand, you can Set Advice, and still be able to use Transmigration, since Advice doesn't stop you from using it from Hand at all.

View user profile

Posted on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:40 am

These fucking guys, how many asses I have kicked with them... <3

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:58 am

First hand: Use soldier to discard galaxy eyes, use knight to bring galaxy eyes, synchro for tachyon, overlay armored, effect and send tachyon to the graveyard, zero to get tachyon back, overlay another armored, use the effect again if needed, attack.

I love when that happens--- which is quite often.

View user profile

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:20 pm

POPULAR

so you always synchro for tachyon?

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:57 am

@Heat: yeah that's badass.
@BWG: Tachyon is an Xyz.

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:09 am

@BlackWarGreymon wrote:so you always synchro for tachyon?

I feel like Tachyon needs to be around. If it's not in the graveyard for easy access by zero, cloud or soul charge, then it should be on the field. The reasoning is that it simply breaks transmigration, making it counter anything they can throw at you that could potentially stop you.

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:24 am

Heat is right, getting Tachyon on field or Grave asap is mandatory. Not to mention it makes Cloud/Zero/Charge a 1 card 4000 beater that can pop stuff. You could use Prime for the same thing, but like Heat said, Transmigration is OP as hell with Tachyon, so Tachyon is usually the go-to Rank 8.

View user profile

Posted on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:11 pm

Since they are light monsters and to possibly get even more attack on the monsters, you could try to tech in honest or tech in megamorph somehow.

but this deck is too OP and boss as it is.

You could try some more traps to make it more deadly and find ways to get direct attacks.

not sure if you can do much more with it, then I have to get another galaxy deck and try to find more OP combos like that.

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:14 pm

Honest would be overkill, quite honestly (da dum tsk).

I don't see much reasoning behind it, since an opponent would need to overpower the current monster on the field, which are often above 3000 =p, 4000 on average, 4500 if you're unlucky and "Prime Photon" if we're feeling kinky! It would be fun, but I'd rather squeeze other stuff.

For example, I'm running a version of this deck with 2 trade-ins instead of one Sage and one expedition. That's as far as a "fix" I've found, but it's more of a preference, right?

View user profile

Posted on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:26 pm

@Heatnix wrote:Honest would be overkill, quite honestly (da dum tsk).

I don't see much reasoning behind it, since an opponent would need to overpower the current monster on the field, which are often above 3000 =p, 4000 on average, 4500 if you're unlucky and "Prime Photon" if we're feeling kinky! It would be fun, but I'd rather squeeze other stuff.

For example, I'm running a version of this deck with 2 trade-ins instead of one Sage and one expedition. That's as far as a "fix" I've found, but it's more of a preference, right?

Thanks to that, I am now feeling very kinky.... but don't take that the wrong way please.

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:11 am

@Akaba Reiji wrote:Since they are light monsters and to possibly get even more attack on the monsters, you could try to tech in honest or tech in megamorph somehow.

but this deck is too OP and boss as it is.

You could try some more traps to make it more deadly and find ways to get direct attacks.

not sure if you can do much more with it, then I have to get another galaxy deck and try to find more OP combos like that.

Completely unnecesary and would make bad hands

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:28 am

I've found out that this deck is also pretty temperamental. If you have a bad starting hand, you can still potentially draw into bad cards for the next 3 turns and you're screwed. You either have it good or have it really bad.

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:02 am

@Heatnix wrote:I've found out that this deck is also pretty temperamental. If you have a bad starting hand, you can still potentially draw into bad cards for the next 3 turns and you're screwed. You either have it good or have it really bad.

That's the decks biggest weakness. It seems to always either obliterate, or get obliterated via bad hand. That's why I have all the consistency cards at 3.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum