Children's Card Game School

After nearly 20 years of the franchise
It's time to duel again! Sign In or Register

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Discussion] Nordic Wolf Fenir

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Posted on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:04 am

A new card that has just been spoiled, currently in French. The translated effect is;

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. During your Main Phase 2, if there is a “Aesir” monster on the field, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) to your opponent’s side of the field in Defense Position. If there is no face-up “Aesir” monster on the field, destroy this card. At the start of your Battle Phase: Change all Defense Position monsters you control to face-up Attack Position. Both players take all battle damage from battles involving this card.

On it's own, it's absolutely terrible. However, use it in conjunction with something like the Nordic Serpent, or cards that can give you your cards, and you'll be set for life.

Also, it has great artwork.

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:11 am

Just wondering if we could use cards to "disable" it to inflict battle damage to us? If there are cards to do this then we could make an OTK strategy, only thing that sucks is that we need Aesir monsters on field, guess some kind of a protection card should work?

View user profile http://www.duelacademia.com

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:34 am

I should think any card with "Your opponent takes any battle damage you would have taken from battles involving this card" would completely break your opponent. Find one with 0 attack and you've got it, but the problem is the whole main phase 2 thing. It can never be an OTK.

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:48 am

Well, people might create some kind of "beatdown" strategy, It would be pretty fun to use. And a good challenge for deckbuilding!

View user profile http://www.duelacademia.com

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Nordic need more support for syncs and stuff, not this

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:41 pm

@BlackWarGreymon wrote:Nordic need more support for syncs and stuff, not this

Completely agree. This is nothing but a carnival trick. Some combos might spawn out of it, but seriously, nordic synchros have potential, potential that is being wasted by lack of support.

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:33 am

When I say "Loup" I was expecting an OP loop.

View user profile

Posted on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:59 pm

Ironically enough, I just watched the episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's that contains this card (episode 129 for those who are interested), and in the anime, it's used to force Nordic Serpent Jormungardr into Attack Position to inflict an instant 3000 damage to the enemy.

It's a rather interesting card in its own right, and with something like, say, Owner's Seal, this could be a potential OTK. But I agree that it is also horrible on its own.

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:00 am

Aesiers are too unworthwhile to summon while not being very good though and easy to take down, making this and Serpent pretty bad

View user profile

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum