After nearly 20 years of the franchise
It's time to duel again! Sign In or Register

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Card Discussion] Present Exchange

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Posted on Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Lore wrote:
Normal Spell Card

Each player banishes 1 card from their Deck, face-down. During the End Phase of this turn, each player adds the card banished by their opponent to their hand.

Ok, so when I saw this card, the instant thing I said was

WHOA, COOL.

Firstly because of the art, and second because of the effect. The effect is pretty cool, and brings up the holiday spirit. You basically Gold Sarcophagus face-down and then give that card to your opponent. It's a really interesting effect, and you can do really interesting things with it, like discard the "present" you gave your opponent with Mind Crush while still getting his card, or simply giving him a dead card, or a card that activates when discarded.

Oh, and did I mention not 1, not 2, not 3, not even 4, but FIVE different archetypes are referenced in one picture! You got the kid super depressed over his Scrap Kong T-Shirt, the other kid freaking out over Madolche Baaple, or the kid hugging Gimmick Puppet Magnet Doll, Or the kid playing with Geargiaccelerator, or my personal favorite, the kid playing with WATTJUSTMENT like a Nerf Gun!!

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:07 pm

Very festive. Very appropriate for the day!

It looks very interesting. I can't think of any functionality for it right now but... look at them! they're so happy! cept the little one that got a god-damn shirt.

View user profile

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted on Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:30 pm

Lol love it!
I'll make a deck around it one day Laughing

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:40 am

dat art.

If the cards were banished face up itd be OP in Spirit Beast