After nearly 20 years of the franchise
It's time to duel again! Sign In or Register

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Fresh Start

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:04 am

Hello all. We were kind of busy at the time we wanted to open Duel Academia and the result is what you see of course. Now, some of us including me got the time free to do work here and we will see how that rolls out at the end. We believe this site can be very pro and totally active and we will try again to pursue that goal.

When we look at Academy Top List by Forumotion, we can see that our place is still 9th. This is funny because last two months we were totally inactive, few posts here and there. This tells us what is the situation in academies generally. When we wanted to open, 2nd academy was having 9000+ points and now they got only around 5000. This is not even half of the no 1, the old DA itself. Anyway, we will try to get the most of this place and all those who want to support us are highly welcome to do so Wink

Let me give you some updates what we have in mind.

1. Events: as soon as we get activity we will start the Battle City tournament.

2. TCG & OCG department. This went great at the start, we had a wonderful activity there. We made a mistake with teachers and the rules there for article writing etc were too strong, for a fresh site no one can have that much free time to waste lol. But, what we will do now is boost our TCG & OCG area with many discussions, and post articles/news/infos from external sources with referencing them. We can't write great articles like some famous ygo ppl in the world. Thus, teacher's job will mainly be selecting content from external sources and delivering it here for you to have it all at one place. This is less time consuming, better content and more frequent updates. Best part is that we only need like 2 persons getting all that stuff for you. This means TCG & OCG area can be active again in no time Wink

3. There will be minor forum updates, like recent tag and hashtag features, some minor design updates like button look etc. The site is generally ready for anything, we have put dozen of work last time and it's still the best and most professional looking forum in the whole forumotion ground lol. If you think different, please share the link of a better forum look and let's compete then Grin

That's enough stuff to kick off again and let's hope we won't get inactive again this time Neo

View user profile

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:26 am

I thought the Battle City started a long time ago? o.o

View user profile

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:07 am

We went inactive after saying it started. yeah, great plot twist from us lol.

View user profile

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:18 am

So... We're gonna re-do it? Laughing

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:44 am

Ready to work and do stuff. I guess some of my plans are still a go if we work hard to bring people back and get new people.

I've noticed that we need to become more than a Duel Academy to accomplish this, we need all sorts of entertainment here for people to come and spend time.

View user profile

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:59 am

Been waiting for this!
Let the spamming begin! 

View user profile

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:18 am

Hah good news Smile

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:44 pm

Don't exactly like the changes coming to my department, but seeing as I'm being swamped with Scouts and school, I can't really complain.

I'll do my best to help out and direct my team.

View user profile http://www.duelacademy.org

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:44 am

Who made the new banner?

View user profile

Posted on Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:34 am

Good luck Amy, I know you'll do great Smile

View user profile

Posted on Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:32 am

Woah.. I missed alot..

Good luck Amy! I am here to help if needed! Smile

View user profile

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted on Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:41 am

@Kurono Satō wrote:Who made the new banner?

Banner is combination of already existing poster in the net and LOKOS' enhancements.

And thanks ppl, we will try to work it out this time for real Grin

View user profile

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:05 am

@Amy Kool wrote:
@Kurono Satō wrote:Who made the new banner?

Banner is combination of already existing poster in the net and LOKOS' enhancements.

And thanks ppl, we will try to work it out this time for real Grin

Oh, okay! XP

View user profile

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted on Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:05 am

Thus, teacher's job will mainly be selecting content from external sources and delivering it here for you to have it all at one place.

No. That shall not be my job. If you actually stick around this time and can deliver on your activity, I will deliver on my articles. I'm not going to write something for 3 people to read. If you can get battle city going and carry the activity to a good level, or even simply promise that you won't just drop all the plans here, I will happily spend time writing. But if you disappear again and leave everyone pretty much clueless about what to do, then don't expect people to do anything. Sure, I don't have time to waste- but I do have time to spend. You can expect me to put that time in as long as you do the same.

View user profile

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted on Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:23 am

@jjh927 wrote:No. That shall not be my job. If you actually stick around this time and can deliver on your activity, I will deliver on my articles. I'm not going to write something for 3 people to read. If you can get battle city going and carry the activity to a good level, or even simply promise that you won't just drop all the plans here, I will happily spend time writing. But if you disappear again and leave everyone pretty much clueless about what to do, then don't expect people to do anything. Sure, I don't have time to waste- but I do have time to spend. You can expect me to put that time in as long as you do the same.

Fair enough. Of course there are always people like yourself that want to contribute very much and write their own stuff. We won't forbid that. However, to raise activity in general and not just have articles time to time we have to bring external sources as well. There is no harm in it and it's practical. There are tons of great articles out there and most kids don't even know where to look. We will organize them nicely here. Idea is to have a source of info always. If you, Rika or Naito are not 100% active, teaching department falls behind very much. We know from earlier experience in other DA, teaching section always had inactivity trouble. For teachers to write you need pretty active site for motivation, for having pretty active site you need content to have something for them to come lol. It's a never ending circle. Thus in other DA they dropped teaching now totally.

To sum it up, I'll try my best. Won't promise anything anymore since that's not the best thing I do lately due to my busy schedule. I'll just do stuff and if you ppl see I'm active then join me Wink

Teaching department will have of course ppl writing their own stuff like you and Naito but also will have ppl like reporters to deliver from external sources. That way we take best of both things.

View user profile

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:09 pm

Thus in other DA they dropped teaching now totally.

Actually, the reason they dropped it is far more hilarious.

They don't have ANYONE who can write on their entire site, let alone staff team. They dropped the role because noone could or would fill it. Pahahaha.

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:41 pm

'Cuz the excellent writer is right here, nipaa~

View user profile

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum