After nearly 20 years of the franchise
It's time to duel again! Sign In or Register

You are not connected. Please login or register

$155. What should I buy?

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:00 pm

I have $155 in birthday money left. I could have $225, but I spent 60 on stuffed animals. I'm thinking I'll buy some PS3 games like KH 2.5, The Sly Collection, and Persona 3-4. Or I could spend like 90 on a 2DS and like 40 on Pokemon. Or maybe try to find a cheap, decent laptop. Idk? What do you suggest?

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:58 pm

For 155 you can't get a laptop so that's out of the question to be honest.

A 2DS and Pokemon sounds kinda fun, but you shouldn't bother right now and hold off til the third version of X and Y which will have everything that X, Y, Ruby and Sapphire have. For example, in Ruby and Sapphire there's Mega Pokemon that can't be transferred to X and Y, so the third game of gen 6 will be the complete game which you should rather wait for.

Can't tell on PS3 much less on the games you mentioned. Haven't played any of them.

Maybe save it and give it some thought?

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:16 pm

I say spare till you get enough for a Laptop.

View user profile http://www.duelacademia.com

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:20 pm

Save it for college.

View user profile

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:27 pm

POPULAR

@Kurono Satō wrote:Save it for college.  
 Post #4
#SoCapitalistItHurts

View user profile http://www.duelacademia.com

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted on Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:45 pm

@Skitoritto wrote:
 Post #4
#SoCapitalistItHurts

College cost a lot of money. She's gonna need every penny she can get her hands on for college. I'm even struggling with paying college stuff. Hell, I can barely pay for my core classes. Let alone what I want to go for.

View user profile

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:34 am

Or you can just go and buy some cheap YGO card under 120$ lol. (seriously, YGO is so absurd lately)

N, I assume you live in USA, so that being said, you can get tech stuff a bit cheaper compared to our grounds, like Apple products are way cheaper than here. I wanted to get a Nexus 5 for myself and at Google they sell it online officially for 250$ or so, while i paid around 400$ without any warranty and shiz here in my country and I don't even know did they do to it something since package comes open (they say they just changed the charger for European ground). So yeah, I would say if you don't need money for college (of course saving it when you dont have any particular needs atm is best option), then try to get a bit more money for a laptop. You can buy good laptops in USA for a bit more money than you have.

View user profile

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted on Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:55 am

@Amy Kool wrote:Or you can just go and buy some cheap YGO card under 120$ lol. (seriously, YGO is so absurd lately)

N, I assume you live in USA, so that being said, you can get tech stuff a bit cheaper compared to our grounds, like Apple products are way cheaper than here. I wanted to get a Nexus 5 for myself and at Google they sell it online officially for 250$ or so, while i paid around 400$ without any warranty and shiz here in my country and I don't even know did they do to it something since package comes open (they say they just changed the charger for European ground). So yeah, I would say if you don't need money for college (of course saving it when you dont have any particular needs atm is best option), then try to get a bit more money for a laptop. You can buy good laptops in USA for a bit more money than you have.
 Post #7

I'm gonna guess England is relatively similar to America in terms of tech costs, and I'm looking for a good laptop within a £600 budget (about 900$) and it's relatively difficult. Unless we have different ideas of what qualifies as good? If you want to look at budget computers, go for a desktop. And make it yourself. Well worth the effort and about 3 times cheaper than a laptop.

View user profile

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted on Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:54 pm

Macs are too expensive here and pretty much all other stuff too. I got a laptop which is decent:

core i5 2.6 GHz which boosts to 3.0 when in need for performance. 750 GB harddrive, Intel HD 4000 Graphics + Nvidia 740M (which turns on only when intel cannot do the job lol). 3hr battery on average use. Its 15" Asus laptop which suits me pretty well and its pretty fast for my daily life. Last game I played quite well was Assassin's Creed Black Flag. It was very smooth. I did however not play it, i just went to see the GFX, so many stuff to do in a game for me is a no no. Only GTA could grab my attention just like that Grin

But, I don't use laptop for games at all. SImply no time or interest for it. I bought it brand new with 2 yrs warranty for around £430. So for 600 some older i7 acer or HP or so would be possible here. But, real performance machine would cost around £1000. there are some £2000 laptops for gaming freaks but those are irrelevant, almost no one buys em here. you can barely see em in stores.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/X550LDV-XO552H-15-6-inch-Notebook-Graphics-Bluetooth/dp/B00KLED0CU/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1421715058&sr=1-4&keywords=asus+x550

you can get that, much better than mine for £755.

or this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/X550CA-XX101H-15-6-inch-i7-3537U-Processor-Windows/dp/B00GKG1JWQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1421715058&sr=1-3&keywords=asus+x550

for just £500. For me this one is also relatively good laptop. I don't know if you play heavy games or so but ASUS with these preferences would be my choice for good laptop.

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:09 pm

If you want a decent laptop, that shit's gonna cost around $1000, at least in the United States.

155 is not a lot of money, but if I were you, I'd save it. Don't just spend money 'cause you have it. That's dumb. Save it so that you can get something that you really want later, instead of buying something that you kinda sorta want today.

I've got $300 lying around, and I'm not spending that anytime soon. So just wait.

View user profile http://www.duelacademy.org

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Double posts are fabulous. I never do them, so yeah.

@Kurono Satō wrote:
@Skitoritto wrote:
 Post #4
#SoCapitalistItHurts

College cost a lot of money. She's gonna need every penny she can get her hands on for college. I'm even struggling with paying college stuff. Hell, I can barely pay for my core classes. Let alone what I want to go for.  
 Post #6

Kuro. Apply for the bloody FAFSA!. www.fafsa.gov. Takes you an hour at most, and it's totally free. You get FREE MONEY that you DO NOT HAVE TO PAY BACK that is there SPECIFICALLY to HELP PEOPLE GET THROUGH COLLEGE.

View user profile http://www.duelacademy.org

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted on Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:36 pm

@Naito Raizu wrote:Double posts are fabulous. I never do them, so yeah.

@Kurono Satō wrote:
@Skitoritto wrote:
 Post #4
#SoCapitalistItHurts

Post #6

Kuro. Apply for the bloody FAFSA!. www.fafsa.gov. Takes you an hour at most, and it's totally free. You get FREE MONEY that you DO NOT HAVE TO PAY BACK that is there SPECIFICALLY to HELP PEOPLE GET THROUGH COLLEGE.
 Post #11

Huh... I didn't even know that existed. o.o

View user profile

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:27 pm

Admin double post and advertisement!

That's a verbal warning, sir. You ger an F for the day.

View user profile

Posted on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:31 pm

i say save it for a decent laptop *cough* ChromeBook *cough* they are cheap effeciant, great for students, and over all internet use Grin

View user profile

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum