Microsoft Reveals The Future

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:38 am

Microsoft Reveals The Future

Microsoft has revealed a host of details regarding its plans for the future. With this being billed as a Windows 10 event, Microsoft’s next operating system took center stage, but several other exciting products and services were also unveiled for the first time.

Windows 10

Windows 10 is, as expected, a hybrid of Windows 7 and Windows 8. It is designed to work across a range of devices, working with rather than against users of PCs, tablets, and smartphones. And in a quest to tempt people to upgrade, Windows 10 will be free for the first year for anyone currently using Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows Phone.

So yeah, anyone using windows can be pleased by this news. Finally we can expect a solid win8 experience. Being free for upgrade means you can just get it for free if you already own some windows. It does not mean you will be charged for it later on. No. If you upgrade in the 1st year, you have no worries. Charging after 1st year will most probably be for those who want to install if after that grace period.

Cortana On Desktop

As rumored, Cortana is coming to the desktop in a big way. Microsoft’s personal assistant, which has been helping users of Windows Phone for some time, will have a permanent home on Windows 10. Cortana will act as both the spoken interface and a personal assistant able to answer questions and suggest which apps to obtain.

This is Spartan

After leaking early, Project Spartan is now official. Spartan is a new Web browser designed to replace the much-maligned Internet Explorer. Early sightings suggest Spartan is cleaner and less bloated than IE, with a host of new features including integration with other Microsoft services and a “note-taking mode” which lets you add comments and draw all over Web pages.

So will this new browser wash away the bad legacy that IE had. However it turns out, this is a good move from Microsoft considering IE cannot stand the ground anymore. They are tossing away all bad habits from Windows 10 which is great in my opinion.

XBox One Integration

Windows 10 and the Xbox One will be integrated in a number of innovative ways. A dedicated Xbox app for Windows 10 will let you view your games collection, chat with friends on Xbox Live, and even share clips. Xbox One owners will also be able to stream games to their Windows 10 devices, which may just be another reason to choose the Xbox One over the PlayStation 4.

HoloLens

Last but certainly not least is HoloLens, an augmented reality headset which projects holograms onto the real world around you. Microsoft showed off the power of HoloLens using four demos which you can see glimpses of in the video above.

While this is very much future technology, all Windows 10 devices have Holographic APIs built into them, suggesting Microsoft is keen to push HoloLens through from being a development unit to a finished product sooner rather than later.
Source: MakeUseOf.

BlackWarGreymon

BlackWarGreymon

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:38 am

I'll get a free Win 10 license next year and I'm gonna use it very hard lolz

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:11 am

Windows just keeps on growing....

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:20 am

I watched few videos about this HoloLens. This might be the thing ppl will enjoy in future pretty much. I don't know what happened to google glasses but since this is Microsoft and they can simply integrate it with all of their software things, plus the fact it does so many cool things from its first launch, it might just defeat all similar attempts and make the windows experience enjoyable Grin

The only problem I will have is if they create awesome apps and they keep making em, resulting in me having to choose between android and win 10 for my mobile lol.

Here is the live demonstration of HoloLens and how it looks like when used without commercials lol:

Neonhero14

Neonhero14

Posted Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:35 pm

so KAWAII

Skitoritto

Skitoritto

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:49 am

We are getting it free, hell yes. Can not wait to multitask on Win 10 :c.

http://www.duelacademia.com

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:20 am

I want to strip naked some ppl with this hololenz Grin

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:21 am

and honestly I don't know why does it excite us from balkan, this information about it being free lol, like we paid for it ever haha.

but the feeling of not having to torrent something might be cool for us. also, by win 10 being free we will hopefully get rid of those deals for laptops and stuff pricing them higher because they got win 8.1 on them or so. Now they won't be able to count that into the price and it will have to stay lower Grin

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:41 am

I don't want to be that "annoying person" but this is completely useless. This technology, although pretty, (and, in fact, one of my teachers left his job in school to work precisely on this for the last 5 years or so) it's completely irrelevant. This doesn't better humanity at all, it's just another "oh look pretty" thing to capitalize on. This has 0 relevance to the world or fixes any real problems =p

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:14 am

true dat. I personally would prefer a world of nature.

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum