Jeremy's Burning Abyss

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:55 pm

Jeremy's Burning Abyss
FORMAT: Adv.TCG | SEASON: January 2015 | TYPE: Aggro
CREATED BY: Jeremy Thibeau
Jeremy Thibeau's Burning Abyss deck got up to 3rd place in Nova Scotia Regional Tournament that was held 18th of January 2015. " So I wanted a deck that could give me the least chance of bricking while being able to make sure I could clear common threats that do not allow me to play Yugioh."
MAIN DECK [40]
Monsters [29]
1 Alich, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
2 Cagna, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
3 Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
3 Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
3 Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
3 Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
3 Maxx "C"
3 Rubic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
3 Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
2 Swift Scarecrow
3 Tour Guide From the Underworld

Spells [10]
3 Enemy Controller
1 Foolish Burial
1 Good & Evil in the Burning Abyss
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Night Beam
1 Snatch Steal

Traps [1]
1 Fire Lake of the Burning Abyss
EXTRA DECK [15]
1 Black Rose Dragon
3 Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
2 Downerd Magician
1 Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
1 Ghostrick Alucard
1 Mechquipped Angineer
1 Number 20: Giga-Brilliant
1 Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction
2 Stellarknight Constellar Diamond
2 Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss

SIDE DECK [15]
1 Dark Hole
1 Dark Resonator
3 De-Fusion
3 Fairy Wind
2 Fire Lake of the Burning Abyss
2 Ojama Trio
3 Xyz Universe

DECK SCREENSHOT
DECK INFOS
When I build decks in Yugioh, there are two things I hate - bricking, and not being able to play Yugioh. So I wanted a deck that could give me the least chance of bricking while being able to make sure I could clear common threats that do not allow me to play Yugioh. Naturally, I did orignally have 3 Upstart Goblin in here but I cut them for two reasons - 1) Space {though I do know there are probably 3 cards I could have cut} and 2) this deck can deal exactly 8k and wins a lot of games doing so.

A little while ago, I came to a conclusion regarding this deck - I likened it very much to Dragon Ruler format. (By the way, you might be able to just skip this paragraph because I don't know how much value this opinion actually has but it kind of helped me frame how I wanted the deck to play/ look) This deck does bigger things than every other deck, and the engine is very versatile. I see Qliphorts as the Spellbooks of the format, they might not necessarily be the best deck but they can't win without drawing a single card (Scout), and then proceed to flood you/ out resource you out of the game. Then I compared Shaddolls to Evilswarm (though only lightly, Shaddoll is actually way different and actually viable). Shaddolls, in my opinion, only beat BA in two scenarios: 1) They OTK you 2) They flood you with Winda/ Leo. Admittedly, I didn't actually play a main deck out to Leo that doesn't involve Brilliant but it was a risk I felt I needed to take to make sure I could account for the other weaknesses of the deck.

So that being said, I wanted my deck to do the following things:

1) Open Dante as frequently as possible
2) Be able to OTK
3) Deal with established boards easily

In order to open Dante as much as possible, in theory that would mean playing 27 Burning Abyss Monsters - at first, I did try a build with that but Chumlee and I came to a conclusion - with that many monsters, it is hard to play power cards. As Chumlee said, if you're too busy trying to be consistent you don't have any bombs and you can't steal wins in the BA mirror, and then you're either doing the same thing your opponent does and the game is going nowhere, or you lose to one of your opponent's bombs because you can't keep up with it. So I had to reduce the amount of monsters I was playing to contain only the necessary ones.

3 Farfa: This card is absurd. It creates OTKs, it can stop you from dying, and the interaction with Mechquipped Angineer being able to disrupt your opponent's play during their turn is ridiculous

3 Libic: helps deal with Flying C, by negating Rubic or by just extending your plays and helping unclog hands with multiples of the same BA

0 Calcab: Bouncing set S/T is pretty irrelevant when all the 3 decks barely play backrow and all the backrow they play is chainable

2 Cagna: I wanted more of this than Good & Evil, but I never wanted to see 2 Cagna in my hand, so I figured 2 was the safest number - I also wanted to be able to send Fire Lake too since I did not want to be drawing it.

1 Alich: I only had this in my deck to negate Winda and Flying C to be honest, otherwise I don't think this card is very good.

1 Good & Evil: I think this card is crazy, because it turns a Graff/Cir in hand into a play without using up your normal summon. It also lets you discard BAs to get their effects without having to summon them. Whether its a quick banishing with Farfa or a negation with Alich, this lets you do it easily.

1 Fire Lake: Now that decks have shifted to a monsters > traps ideology, Fire Lake is much less good but it is nice to be able to put it into the grave in order to use it if it is necessary - but I barely wanted to draw it let alone see more than one. again, multiples would be disastrous to draw.

So now that I had a core down, I needed to play defense. Dante is actually huge defensively, so in order to get over it your opponent needs to summon at least 2 cards in order to get rid of it conventionally, so I decided to maindeck 3 copies of Maxx C. I have not been able to really solidify this as much as I want to, but I actually think that some amount of Maxx C is good against Shaddolls. And I actually always pick to go first against them. the reason is I want to open 1-2 dante, then protect it with a Maxx C because real traps actually do nothing. Vanity's is the only good trap, and I do not want to be playing it in a format where there are 3 MST everywhere. However, against Dolls sometimes they just kill you, so does the mirror. So I wanted a way to live, I decided to maindeck 2 Swift Scarecrows. Often, my opponents would give me many draws off Maxx, I'd survive with Scarecrow, then I would overwhelm them the next turn.

As for bombs, I decided to play 3 Enemy Controller because it is a versatile card that can be used defensively (avoid Veiler and tributing C) while being able to demolish opponents. I decided to play Snatch Steal as my fourth bomb over BLS for the reason that in the mirror I can technically use it to unbrick by stealing a Dante - BLS only is able to be summoned if I have already got a Dante in grave, which means at some point in the game I have had to have been able to play the game. If I haven't been able to play, Snatch Steal can at least let me take the strongest monster and try to beatdown that way.

View user profile

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted on Sat May 09, 2015 12:29 pm

No offense but the Burning Abyss deck that ygopro provides you is better....Anyway I love the incredible combos I can do with this deck!!!!! Even if I have a bad drawing, I can do many things...

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp4fvJ_t5myL7MuR2l4QtA

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum