That's ever happened to me!
I love you!

I love you poem Kimerlee_curyl_embrace_beauty_zoe_helene_677

jjh927

jjh927

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:16 am

Another love poem... sigh. Love poems bring out the worst in our creative ability, but showcase it as our best. They inspire cliches, poor writing, rush, basic repetition and completely empty, meaningless imagery. They are difficult to do properly at a vaguely good standard.

This is on the lower end of those poems, as though the writer can only use exclamation marks and ellipses for punctuation. Three of the lines end in "me" which really says something about who the poem is really for. (It's a shallow attempt at romance rather than something real.) "The best thing that ever happened to me" is a gigantic goddamned cliche and these kind of things really detract meaning from the words "I love you".

And I say "the writer" because, if you google "Have I told you yet" you'll see many clones, some in image form, all passing it off as original.

This crap has over 10 different people to claim to have written it over the last 4 years.

And yes, it's crap. I could write another few paragraphs about all its failings and empty words, cliches, overused phrases etc., but I don't have any more time for this. If you really are the writer, then be thankful that there are a load of other people who want to claim it as theirs. If not, then get the topic deleted.

Last edited by jjh927 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:28 am

I don't care if it's crap or not. I was thinking of my horses when I was working on this, this morning. Crap or not I love my horses. Don't really care what anyone thought about it. I felt like posting it and I did.

jjh927

jjh927

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:11 am

When did you write it and where did you first post it? (and why have so many people copied it and claimed it as their own?)

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:15 pm

I thought of it this morning. O_o Didn't copy it, nor get it from someone o_O

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum