It's time to duel again! Sign In or Register

You are not connected. Please login or register

A sword mirrors its owner.

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Riven

Riven

Posted Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:51 am

Clichè as fuq, I know, but I had to.

Hm, who am I...? I'm a random scrub who barely plays this game anymore but is really bored atm. As you might've guessed from my name and the title of this topic, I play League of Legends.

I mainly joined because I wanted to say that, I admit, the design of this website is quite appealing. Props to the person who made it. Although there are a few bugs (or little things) to fix, I've only seen a few since my time spent here hasn't been much, but I'm sure I'll stumble upon more soon enough. I'm hoping to stick around, but whether I do or not is up to you guys. I know the academy is new and all, but I will be able to tell if it shows promise by just staying here a few days.

I M P R E S S M E B O Y S

Rofl.
Anyhow, I am a pretty good duelist, if I say so myself. Or, well, was... when I actually played this game. Don't be fooled by the new DN account. Now I suck though, so feel free to make fun of me for being bad. :[

I main Riven. I'm not BoxBox. I'm not Best Riven NA (altho my mechanics are pretty good). You don't play League of Legends? Ignore this part.

I guess that's it-- feel free to ask if you have more questions, or would like to know more about who I am. I don't think I've met many of you guys before, but I might have, who knows.

Bai.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:06 am

The Academy is gonna be like that for a while. They just opened up like a month ago or 2 months ago. At the moment the main admin is gone for some reasons. But once she gets back, things will get fixed. Just sit back and have fun. Also.... Welcome to DA! Smile

LOKOS

LOKOS

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:26 am

Welcome to Duel Academia Smile If ya need any help feel free to ask Wink

Riven

Riven

Posted Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:41 am

Are there any specific topics I should be aware of/read?

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:32 am

POPULAR

http://www.duelacademia.com/h5-ranks-points

Not everyone read this, so yeah.

Riven

Riven

Posted Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:14 am

Kurono Satō wrote:http://www.duelacademia.com/h5-ranks-points

Post #5
Thank you very much, I hadn't noticed that button. Oops LOL.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:22 am

Riven wrote:
Kurono Satō wrote:http://www.duelacademia.com/h5-ranks-points

Post #5
Thank you very much, I hadn't noticed that button. Oops LOL.

Thanks for the welcomes.
 Post #6

You are welcome.

Uryū Minene

Uryū Minene

Posted Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:15 pm

Three swift strikes...

Anyway, I hate you for playing a champion with ridiculously low skill floor. But enjoy your stay at DA.

I figure you're on NA so I'm not even going to ask for your IGN.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:39 am

Uryū Minene wrote:Three swift strikes...

Anyway, I hate you for playing a champion with ridiculously low skill floor. But enjoy your stay at DA.

Post #8

Wow, Irate. o.o

Riven

Riven

Posted Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:11 am

Post #8
If it makes you feel better, I love highly mechanical-based champs (Lee, Riven, Yasuo), and dislike YGO at the moment.

And, I have both a NA and EUW account, but I would rather not give them out right now. Sorry, LOL.

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:30 pm

Quite the introduction, Riven. Welcome.

Yes, the Academia is barely starting but we have a lot of good people behind this project. We are working to lift it off the ground as soon as possible so stick around.

Uryū Minene

Uryū Minene

Posted Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:22 am

Riven wrote:

Post #8
If it makes you feel better, I love highly mechanical-based champs (Lee, Riven, Yasuo), and dislike YGO at the moment.

And, I have both a NA and EUW account, but I would rather not give them out right now. Sorry, LOL.
 Post #10

Riven unlike Yasuo and Lee has a very low skill floor.

"Oh I pressed F and W, Hydra and R I'm so skillful m8!" - Keyori

Riven

Riven

Posted Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:08 am

Heatnix wrote:Quite the introduction, Riven. Welcome.

Yes, the Academia is barely starting but we have a lot of good people behind this project. We are working to lift it off the ground as soon as possible so stick around.
 Post #11
Thank you.

That's good to hear, and yes, I might as well stick around. Although there isn't currently much to do here other than wait for people to post interesting things, so I won't be logging in a lot during the day (not yet at least).

Uryū Minene wrote:Riven unlike Yasuo and Lee has a very low skill floor.

"Oh I pressed F and W, Hydra and R I'm so skillful m8!" - Keyori
 Post #12
She is really easy to use (like Lee and Yasuo, I guess), but hard as fuck to master. Pardon my language, but you have you ever tried fast autoattack canceling with Q and attack move/moving and clicking back? I can't even do that on jungle creeps yet, let alone 5v5 fights. There is also quite a LOT of animation canceling to do, and you need to remember and practice exact timings/combos so that you can burst down your opponent as fast as you can (which means the difference between life and death in fights). You mostly need muscle memory and a lot of practice for this. I dunno if you've ever tried getting into Riven mechanics, but BoxBox isn't the world's best Riven (atm) for no reason. The difference between a good Riven and a bad Riven is astonishing. Oh, and you also need to learn where you can wall jump with Q and you have to learn HOW to wall jump since it's pretty hard.

She looks really easy to play, but she's not. As a Riven main, you can trust me, lol.

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum