You are not connected. Please login or register

Small Forum Enhancements: Chatbox Update

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:20 am

Our website is rock solid already, but as we all know it always can look better Grin

Last time we have seen some people saying that Avacweb chat is no good due its weird look. The main reason we stick to it is that Avacweb is doing frequent updates to it and constantly adding new features. We have that additional chat room option and lots more, that's why we still stick to it. We modified its look to reflect our site as much as possible and now we just added some tweaks to the messaging.

There is a reason why Facebook, Viber, Messenger, Skype and all other mobile apps use this new "balloon" type of messages where the text gets wrapped with a background around it. It just looks very appealing to the eyes and lets the text stack nicely together.

Now we added such feature to our chatbox as well. From now on, messages will get wrapped with a non-invading background. Not only that, your own messages will get different background than the rest of the members in chat. This will let you easily differentiate your own posts from others'.

No matter what you post, bigger images or smaller, background will wrap around it.

Small Forum Enhancements: Chatbox Update UfnBAxB

This is not all, we went further and fixed the bug with long texts going over the post time and getting screwed up when going in multiple lines. No more horizontal scroll no matter how long your message gets Grin

Small Forum Enhancements: Chatbox Update KjuKQtO

System messages won't get wrapped except the 3rd view speech known as /me command (though, its background will be like someone else is writing which is kinda true lol). Big links will get broken into pieces however they will still be clickable. The only drawback we got so far is that your smaller words will get broken in pieces too when hitting the boundary but we can live with it better than with all those bugs.

Small Forum Enhancements: Chatbox Update PgUh8Yk

This nice design has costs ofc. We will get less messages on the screen due to backgrounds needing more space. However, if you still prefer more messages on screen then Full chatbox option is for you better. Also there is Reading button which you can click and read it all then. So, as you can see there is something for everyone Grin

Of course, we cannot forget Kurono and staying with the forum in the worst times of inactivity. We are thankful for it and here is the tribute to you OK

Small Forum Enhancements: Chatbox Update YSt1jjA
We hope you like the new styling details and of course send us feedback if everything works like here in these screens, maybe some browsers will experience differences and we want to fix those YES

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:57 am

Hell yeah! I got famous by being in a screenshot. Chill

Anywho... You are very much welcome, Amy. I thought if I stayed active and spammed as much as I could when no one was around, it would bring more members. Now that we're going again, I can chill and not go as bad Laughing

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:29 am

All the little details have been fixed! It looks perfect.

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum