You are not connected. Please login or register

[CQ]Pendulums and cards that send to graveyard

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Lainion

Lainion

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Let's say you have a pendulum monster face-up on the field...
Can one use cards like Dark End Dragon or Symbols of Duty(if it's a vanilla pendulum of course) on it?

Skitoritto

Skitoritto

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:26 pm

Yes of course you can, if I am not wrong Symbols of Duty do not require your card to hit the graveyard, right?

http://www.duelacademia.com

Lainion

Lainion

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:41 pm

"Send 1 Normal Monster you control to the Graveyard."
That's what it says...

Uryū Minene

Uryū Minene

Posted Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:02 pm

Pendulum Monsters are considered Spells while in the Pendulum Zone if I am not mistaken.

Lainion

Lainion

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:58 am

I am talking about them being in monster zone...

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:37 am

So i'm not the only one wondering this. These monsters/spells confuse the hell out of me. I thought only CB's could only be monster and spell. Was dueling a dude with these monsters, confused the hell out of me, and threw me off my game cause I wasn't understanding.

Lainion

Lainion

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:05 am

I kinda understand them fully except this question and if macro is face-up are they sent to extra or the graveyard(my main deck is currently Vanilla pendulums)...I could teach you about them if you want Kurono Smile

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:06 am

Lainion wrote:I kinda understand them fully except this question and if macro is face-up are they sent to extra or the graveyard(my main deck is currently Vanilla pendulums)...I could teach you about them if you want Kurono Smile
 Post #7

if you would, please, Faer? Smile

Akaba Reiji

Akaba Reiji

Posted Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:11 am

Pendulum monsters are sent to the extra deck face-up instead of being destroyed or tributed.

This means if you use symbols of Duty, it will go to the graveyard.
I can't say for dark end dragon cause I don't remember what he does.

If you have to send a Pendulum Monster (in the monster zone) to the graveyard for a cost, it has to go to the graveyard (Polymerization and Super Polymerization are exceptions).

If you have cards like macro-Cosmos or Dimensional Fissure then the Pendulum Monsters go to the banished zone instead of the Extra Deck.

PS. I Run a Pendulum Deck too.

jjh927

jjh927

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:41 am

POPULAR

Akaba, that's wrong.

"When a Pendulum Monster (even if it is face-down) would be sent from the field to the Graveyard, either as a Monster Card or Spell Card, it is placed face-up in the Extra Deck Zone instead." is wiki's wording.

The answer to the original question is yes for both. They will go to the extra deck.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:55 am

You both just confused me....

jjh927

jjh927

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:01 am

ignore everything that akaba said, except for the bit about macro cosmos.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:06 am

That still doesn't help me understand them at all, JJ.

Lainion

Lainion

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:29 am

Yeah Akaba was totally wrong on everything as far as I knew Laughing
But as far as I didn't know(Macro cosmos) ti seems he's right...
sooo...@jj thanks that symbols just made my deck OP....

@Kurono whole data at the moment:this is my Pendulum monsters in monster zone are treated as monsters while in P-zone they are treated as spells and their activation can be negated by cards like dark bribe and they can be destroyed with MST in P-zone and Torrential in Monster zone.Pendulum monsters sent to graveyard from field(in any case even when used as synchro material) are sent to extra deck face-up and can be special summoned back via pendulum and that's the only way to get them back(except for the new card called pot of wealth)but being sent from places other than field(hand/deck/banished and xyz materials since not counted as they are on the field) to graveyard doesn't send them to extra and you might wanna know that they never hit the grave so Goyo Guardian and cards like that won't work on them!

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:08 am

Lainion wrote:Yeah Akaba was totally wrong on everything as far as I knew Laughing
But as far as I didn't know(Macro cosmos) ti seems he's right...
sooo...@jj thanks that symbols just made my deck OP....

@Kurono whole data at the moment:this is my Pendulum monsters in monster zone are treated as monsters while in P-zone they are treated as spells and their activation can be negated by cards like dark bribe and they can be destroyed with MST in P-zone and Torrential in Monster zone.Pendulum monsters sent to graveyard from field(in any case even when used as synchro material) are sent to extra deck face-up and can be special summoned back via pendulum and that's the only way to get them back(except for the new card called pot of wealth)but being sent from places other than field(hand/deck/banished and xyz materials since not counted as they are on the field) to graveyard doesn't send them to extra and you might wanna know that they never hit the grave so Goyo Guardian and cards like that won't work on them!
 Post #14

From the sounds of it... Maybe I should TRY them out at least.

jjh927

jjh927

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:59 am

Interestingly, if dimensional fissure is active and they are being treated as a spell when they are destroyed, they go to extra, but are banished if they're destroyed while they're monsters. That kind of differentiation might be appiable to some other rulings in the future.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:09 am

So, let me see if i understand this... If they're monsters, and they're destroyed, they are banished? But, as spells, when they're destroyed, they go to extra?

jjh927

jjh927

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:18 am

Yeah, where dimensional fissure is concerned. Tells you a lot about how they operate, actually. It's the difference between them being treated as monsters and spells. I'd suppose that the reason (where no dimensional fissure or macro is concerned) that they just go straight to grave if they're sent from anywhere but the field- there would be no way of saying whether they are spell or monster.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:53 am

jjh927 wrote:Yeah, where dimensional fissure is concerned. Tells you a lot about how they operate, actually. It's the difference between them being treated as monsters and spells. I'd suppose that the reason (where no dimensional fissure or macro is concerned) that they just go straight to grave if they're sent from anywhere but the field- there would be no way of saying whether they are spell or monster.
 Post #18

Hmmm. Yeah. I guess. I mean, I understand that bit, but using them and what not, is confusing to me. But when someone else uses them, I'm not confused.

! Gianus

! Gianus

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:44 am

Wow...
Let me try and sort things out..

Lainion wrote:Let's say you have a pendulum monster face-up on the field...
Can one use cards like Dark End Dragon or Symbols of Duty(if it's a vanilla pendulum of course) on it?
DED: Seeing as "this card loses 500 ATK and DEF, and you send that target to the Graveyard." is Dark End Dragon's EFFECT, you can use it on any card you like, regardless of where it would be sent to, if removed from the Field.

About SoD:
Skitoritto wrote:Yes of course you can, if I am not wrong Symbols of Duty do not require your card to hit the graveyard, right?
Sending one Nilla to the Graveyard is a COST, meaning that you cannot activate SoD by tributing a Monster that would not be sent to the Graveyard, if removed from the Field.

Akaba Reiji wrote:If you have to send a Pendulum Monster (in the monster zone) to the graveyard for a cost, it has to go to the graveyard (Polymerization and Super Polymerization are exceptions).

If you have cards like macro-Cosmos or Dimensional Fissure then the Pendulum Monsters go to the banished zone instead of the Extra Deck.
Except, as explained by others, you cannot choose whether or not a Pendulum Monster goes to the Graveyard or not. They will be put face-up on the Extra Deck if removed from the Field. No exceptions! (Actually, some exceptions..)
This means that you cannot send a Pendulum Monster from the field to the Graveyard as a cost to activate a card.
-Also, sending Fusion Materials for a Fusion Summon is NEVER a cost. Fusion Summoning will send the Materials to the Graveyard as an effect, meaning that the Materials can be Pendulum Monsters and, if so, they will be put face-up on the Extra Deck instead. >_>-

jjh927 wrote:Yeah, where dimensional fissure is concerned. Tells you a lot about how they operate, actually.
I honestly don't see how this isn't obvious to people.. Remember Inzektors..?
jjh927 wrote:It's the difference between them being treated as monsters and spells. I'd suppose that the reason (where no dimensional fissure or macro is concerned) that they just go straight to grave if they're sent from anywhere but the field- there would be no way of saying whether they are spell or monster.
That logic is flawed, since "When a Pendulum Monster (even if it is face-down) would be sent from the field to the Graveyard, either as a Monster Card or Spell Card, it is placed face-up in the Extra Deck Zone instead.".
The answer is simply: because they work like that! Konami said that this Game Mechanic works like this. Period.
Asking why Pendulum Monsters would go to the Graveyard when sent from anywhere else but the Field to the Graveyard, is like asking why we only draw 1 card during our Normal Draw and not 2 or 6. The game just works that way.

As to Pendulum vs Macro, the answer has already been given. If Macro Cosmos is face-up, Pendulum Monsters/Spells that are removed from the Field will be banished, but I don't think that the reason as to why this works the way it does has been stated clearly in this Topic.
Simply put, Effects>Game Mechanics. Why? Because the entire game of Yu-Gi-Oh! works like that.
Macro Cosmos' effect rides over the Game Mechanic of sending cards to the Graveyard when destroyed. Time Seal and cards like Magical Blast ride over the Game Mechanic of drawing 1 card during your Normal Draw. Defense Draw rides over the Game Mechanic* of receiving damage. Cards like Closed Forest, Field Barrier and Anti-Spell Fragrance ride over the Game Mechanic* of being able to activate certain types of cards. And on and on it goes.

Macro Cosmos is a card effect while putting a Pendulum Monster face-up on the Extra Deck is a Game Mechanic.
Thus, Macro>f/u in Extra, so the Pendulum Monster is banished.

*Not entirely sure if these can be called Game Mechanics, but they help you get the point.

Sidenote:
jjh297 wrote:if they're sent from anywhere but the field- there would be no way of saying whether they are spell or monster.
A Pendulum Monster is ONLY treated as a Spell Card when it occupies the Pendulum Zone. If a Pendulum Monster is anywhere else, it is a Monster Card.
By your logic, you wouldn't be able to target a Pendulum Monster for the effects of cards like Leviair the sea Dragon, Monster Reborn, Soul Charge, etc., which you obviously can.

Just to give an example; If you were to send a Pendulum Monster from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard while any Player has Dimensional Fissure face-up on the field, the Pendulum Monster would be banished as it was NOT sent from the Pendulum Zone to the Graveyard, but from some place else, thus being a Monster Card.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:27 am

! Gianus wrote:Wow...
Let me try and sort things out..

Lainion wrote:Let's say you have a pendulum monster face-up on the field...
DED: Seeing as "this card loses 500 ATK and DEF, and you send that target to the Graveyard." is Dark End Dragon's EFFECT, you can use it on any card you like, regardless of where it would be sent to, if removed from the Field.

About SoD:
Skitoritto wrote:Yes of course you can, if I am not wrong Symbols of Duty do not require your card to hit the graveyard, right?
Sending one Nilla to the Graveyard is a COST, meaning that you cannot activate SoD by tributing a Monster that would not be sent to the Graveyard, if removed from the Field.

Akaba Reiji wrote:If you have to send a Pendulum Monster (in the monster zone) to the graveyard for a cost, it has to go to the graveyard (Polymerization and Super Polymerization are exceptions).

Except, as explained by others, you cannot choose whether or not a Pendulum Monster goes to the Graveyard or not. They will be put face-up on the Extra Deck if removed from the Field. No exceptions! (Actually, some exceptions..)
This means that you cannot send a Pendulum Monster from the field to the Graveyard as a cost to activate a card.
-Also, sending Fusion Materials for a Fusion Summon is NEVER a cost. Fusion Summoning will send the Materials to the Graveyard as an effect, meaning that the Materials can be Pendulum Monsters and, if so, they will be put face-up on the Extra Deck instead. >_>-

jjh927 wrote:Yeah, where dimensional fissure is concerned. Tells you a lot about how they operate, actually.
I honestly don't see how this isn't obvious to people.. Remember Inzektors..?
jjh927 wrote:It's the difference between them being treated as monsters and spells. I'd suppose that the reason (where no dimensional fissure or macro is concerned) that they just go straight to grave if they're sent from anywhere but the field- there would be no way of saying whether they are spell or monster.
That logic is flawed, since "When a Pendulum Monster (even if it is face-down) would be sent from the field to the Graveyard, either as a Monster Card or Spell Card, it is placed face-up in the Extra Deck Zone instead.".
The answer is simply: because they work like that! Konami said that this Game Mechanic works like this. Period.
Asking why Pendulum Monsters would go to the Graveyard when sent from anywhere else but the Field to the Graveyard, is like asking why we only draw 1 card during our Normal Draw and not 2 or 6. The game just works that way.

As to Pendulum vs Macro, the answer has already been given. If Macro Cosmos is face-up, Pendulum Monsters/Spells that are removed from the Field will be banished, but I don't think that the reason as to why this works the way it does has been stated clearly in this Topic.
Simply put, Effects>Game Mechanics. Why? Because the entire game of Yu-Gi-Oh! works like that.
Macro Cosmos' effect rides over the Game Mechanic of sending cards to the Graveyard when destroyed. Time Seal and cards like Magical Blast ride over the Game Mechanic of drawing 1 card during your Normal Draw. Defense Draw rides over the Game Mechanic* of receiving damage. Cards like Closed Forest, Field Barrier and Anti-Spell Fragrance ride over the Game Mechanic* of being able to activate certain types of cards. And on and on it goes.

Macro Cosmos is a card effect while putting a Pendulum Monster face-up on the Extra Deck is a Game Mechanic.
Thus, Macro>f/u in Extra, so the Pendulum Monster is banished.

*Not entirely sure if these can be called Game Mechanics, but they help you get the point.

Sidenote:
jjh297 wrote:if they're sent from anywhere but the field- there would be no way of saying whether they are spell or monster.
A Pendulum Monster is ONLY treated as a Spell Card when it occupies the Pendulum Zone. If a Pendulum Monster is anywhere else, it is a Monster Card.
By your logic, you wouldn't be able to target a Pendulum Monster for the effects of cards like Leviair the sea Dragon, Monster Reborn, Soul Charge, etc., which you obviously can.

Just to give an example; If you were to send a Pendulum Monster from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard while any Player has Dimensional Fissure face-up on the field, the Pendulum Monster would be banished as it was NOT sent from the Pendulum Zone to the Graveyard, but from some place else, thus being a Monster Card.

Wow... You made it more confusin for me to understand these things...

! Gianus

! Gianus

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:51 am

Kurono Satō wrote:Wow... You made it more confusin for me to understand these things...
Could you please tell me which things I made more confusing? I'll do my best to explain them in such a manner that you'll understand.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:10 pm

! Gianus wrote:
Kurono Satō wrote:Wow... You made it more confusin for me to understand these things...
Could you please tell me which things I made more confusing? I'll do my best to explain them in such a manner that you'll understand.
 Post #22

See... everyone thinks explaining things to me help me. It kinda does, and it kinda doesn't. I'm the type of person that can learn damn well by watching someone, then I do it. ;-;

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:39 am

So is this solved or?

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum