You are not connected. Please login or register

Literature sub-forum

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Rika Furude

Rika Furude

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:32 am

Hello, so I'm writing a novel, and there happens to be no subforum here for Literature, other than fanfic. I suggest that the fanfic subforum gets changed to a subforum  for Literature in general, not just for posting fanfic, but posting anything literature-related.

~Thanks in advance.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:49 am

I agree with, Linda. I'm wanting to go to college for Literature, and stories or whatever I write for college, i can post them here and see what you guys think before I turn them in.

jjh927

jjh927

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:21 am

I completely agree, so long as people posting there do two things:

One: honestly critique people's work. There is no reason to be horrible (unless there really is- it's a literature section and not just anything deserves to be called literature), but there's no reason to be overly nice and simply say "It's great" if there are things that can be improved, especially since people will be posting to get other people's opinions and suggested improvements.

Two: take the critique. Unless it's actually phrased aggressively, you should always either have a reason to go against a suggestion or be prepared to change what you wrote. I imagine most of us who will be posting in the section will be keen writers and probably part of a creative writing society of some kind in real life, and the more sensible we can be about giving and taking advice the better the end results will be.

If we can adhere to those rules I imagine I'd use the subforum all the time, but if not I wouldn't go near it. Criticisms>showcasing.

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:11 pm

I agree with all of the above and JJ brings some very good points as to what to expect once you put your work in here. I demand that we--

Oh wait, I'm an Admin...

Sure, let's do this.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:30 pm

YAY!!!! LET'S SEE IT HAPPEN!!!!

Rika Furude

Rika Furude

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:45 pm

*waits so she can post her novel*

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:17 pm

Rika Furude wrote:*waits so she can post her novel*
 Post #6

I only have the first chapter done. o.o

Rika Furude

Rika Furude

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:40 pm

I was talking about my novel, but that's nice to know

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:40 pm

This is one of those things when you put "fanfic" because years back everybody did it like that as tradition lol. But, as you suggested this is much better option. Like!

Rika Furude

Rika Furude

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:01 pm

^ I think I'm the only person left who actually actively writes fanfic

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:42 am

I don't think anyone even used that section before yourself Grin

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:19 am

I've always wrote fanFiction. I just never posted them online because once when I posted them on FanFiction.Net, someone stole my story and changed it around a bit to make it look like thier's, Since then... I stopped posting them online. Just shared it with people I know in real.

Rika Furude

Rika Furude

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:43 am

Amy Kool wrote:I don't think anyone even used that section before yourself Grin
 Post #11

Yeah, I'm pretty much the only one at old DA who used it, and the only one who used it here

Lainion

Lainion

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:14 am

Kurono Satō wrote:I've always wrote fanFiction. I just never posted them online because once when I posted them on FanFiction.Net, someone stole my story and changed it around a bit to make it look like thier's, Since then... I stopped posting them online. Just shared it with people I know in real.
 Post #12
Oh ouch...

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:37 am

Lainion wrote:
Kurono Satō wrote:I've always wrote fanFiction. I just never posted them online because once when I posted them on FanFiction.Net, someone stole my story and changed it around a bit to make it look like thier's, Since then... I stopped posting them online. Just shared it with people I know in real.
 Post #12
Oh ouch...
 Post #14

Yeah. That's why I'm iffy about it...

Rika Furude

Rika Furude

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm

"Write your own fan fictions. For the kids that got no money to make a TVshow, nor enough skill to write a real book."

I have more than enough skill to write a real book, which is what I've been doing for over a month, so someone change it already so I can show my work plz

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:55 pm

Rika Furude wrote:"Write your own fan fictions. For the kids that got no money to make a TVshow, nor enough skill to write a real book."

I have more than enough skill to write a real book, which is what I've been doing for over a month, so someone change it already so I can show my work plz
 Post #16

I've been working on three books since last summer. Laughing So far... Only one is working. ;-; The other two... I keep changing Laughing

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:33 pm

Literature it is! And I got a new description:

"Want to write the next best seller novel or something in the lines? Post pieces of your work here to get some feedback first, it might bring you on the right tracks."

There you go Wink

A small suggestion to you ppl that are passionate about Literature. Blogs bring people fame and recognition. It has never been easier to share your work with others, yet it's challenging due to mass production of the content. However, it might be a good idea to start your own blogs and write the stuff there and link your blog on forums like this one where you post pieces of your work. That way you can attract people who are willing to read your stuff and actually see if it's any good and interesting for others. Many good blogs start by just people having a need to write Grin

Kurono, this means if you have your own blog (which can be created for free ofc), even if people rip your work off, you can search for your words and use some crawlers available to track down your stuff, go there and link your own blog stating the work is yours. Then people will see not only that piece but your whole work and see immediately that the stuff is yours and maybe even start following your blog! Think about it. On the internet, you own something if your presence and domination is bigger than of those copying you. DA had always its work ripped off. But, all those sites were just not capable of creating higher presence than DA had so yeah if your blog gets more hits in google engine, the google will display your blog on top and get you more ppl.

Rika Furude

Rika Furude

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:18 pm

Thank you, Amy-san.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:19 am

POPULAR

Thanks, Amy. I will for sure think about doing that. I may even give it a try of posting my first novel i've been working on DA. Smile Thanks, again! Grin

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:41 am

This is accepted and locked.

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum