Member [LV3]

Posted Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:02 am

POPULAR

First topic message reminder :

Battle City Tournament No.1
Battle City Tournament No.1 - Page 8 Battle20
FORMAT: Advanced TCG with TCG+OCG cards
Tournament Host: Amy Kool
The best tournament of the 1st Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series, hosted by the man who screwed the rules many times, with the whole Domino City as tournament playground, making everyone compete to collect 6 locator cards that grant you the qualification to the finals. We adapted this tournament to online dueling we are used to so you can enjoy it.

GAMEPLAY
QUALIFICATION ROUND
Tournament is composed of two phases. 1st one is the qualification round. When tournament starts, all members of Duel Academia get two locator cards on their profile.
Locator Cards: Battle City Tournament No.1 - Page 8 Locato14
Every member that registers on our website in the meantime gets two locator cards as well so they can join the tournament if they'd like.
Your opponent is anyone who has at least one locator card on their profile. When you win the match, you take one locator card from your opponent. If you are out of locator cards, you are out of the tournament. If you collect six of them, you qualified to the final round.
QUALIFICATIONS DEADLINE:
15.02.2015 23:59 GMT+1

FINAL ROUND
Qualification round has a deadline. Deadline can be timed, or set by the number of duelists we accept to the finals. When we hit the deadline, all duelists that collected six locator cards are invited to the final round.
FINAL ROUND STYLE: To be announced.
(For 4 or 8 finalists classic knock-out, for more we will tweak it to fit everyone nicely).

DECK RULES
Banlist: Advanced TCG with TCG+OCG cards.
Match Format: Best out of 3.
Forbidden Decks: None.
Deck Changing Between Duels: Allowed.

DUEL TROUBLESHOOTING
Stalling: Breaks have to be short. If you do not return within 5 minutes, you forfeit the duel. However, duelists are free to agree on another time parameter before the duel.

Avoiding duels: If your opponent keeps dodging you, get screenshots as a proof. If you avoid dueling your opponent several times, you forfeit the duel.

Disconnects: If you disconnect during a duel, you lose the current duel. You may restart the duel if your opponent agrees.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Take a screenshot of any crucial situation, in case you encounter these issues.

PRIZES
1st Place -> 500 DP + 500 Coins +
+ 20$ STEAM GAME/CASH

2nd Place -> 300 DP + 300 Coins
3rd Place -> 250 DP + 250 Coins
4th Place -> 200 DP + 200 Coins

ACCEPTED FINALISTS
The Finalists:
IMPORTANT NOTICE
BANLIST: If the banlist changes after the start of the tournament, the new one will be applied for the rest of it. Considering you are allowed to change decks between matches, this won't be an issue, yet more of a challenge.
MATCHES: All matches are posted in this topic in the same way you do that in Battle Arena (one duelist posts the result, other one confirms it, keep the screenshot of your win just in case it's needed for disputes).
DUELING SYSTEM: Dueling Network is the tournament's default system. If both duelists agree to duel on another one, they are free to do it.
LINK TO JOIN SKYPE GROUP: http://tinyurl.com/q55sxv7

Last edited by Amy Kool on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:47 am; edited 9 times in total

Gremlin

Gremlin

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:42 pm

another person with the same opinion about the fake money

that makes me feel sad to be here

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:52 pm

Well, I'm only being honest. It's not fair to the ones who have worked for it, when someone got it for free.

Gremlin

Gremlin

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:54 pm

I know I don't know you very well but, I thought you were better than that Kurono

now I'm not mad at you, I'm just disappointed

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:55 pm

POPULAR

Better than trying to be fair for others? I don't mind him having the coins, the thing is, how and why did he get the coins without posting anything. That's what I'm getting at. I just don't find it fair how he was able to get the coins without posting anything, and he gotten them. Hang on. Gonna look at something.

That's weird. I looked at his profile. I don't see any coins. Was Johan causing trouble again? Or did Amy take them away? Earlier when i was commenting, I was on my phone, so i couldn't really check his profile then.

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:10 pm

Shh, Gremlin, Kurono.

We're looking into this.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:14 pm

Heatnix wrote:Shh, Gremlin, Kurono.

We're looking into this.
 Post #180

Sorry, Heat. I'll shush.

Gremlin

Gremlin

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Heatnix wrote:Shh, Gremlin, Kurono.

We're looking into this.
 Post #180

the fact that you are taking the time to look into something like this is whats bothering me

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:26 pm

No, I actually get where you're coming from. We just need to check on this on matter of fairness all around, but to be honest and personally I think it shouldn't matter. We pretty much have to because there was a call out to do so, so we are.

Just relax. We're near finals.

Mad Muffin

Mad Muffin

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:26 pm

but to be honest and personally I think it shouldn't matter. We pretty much have to because there was a call out to do so, so we are.

I don't believe I have ever seen an admin allowing cheating unless it caused a problem for someone else. You pretty much allowed participants to duel already eliminated players for free cards and "it shouldn't matter" how they reach the finals. Guess people should duel that 1 eliminated player to advance and there is no need for all these rules posted up there.

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm not allowing cheating, I'm just not making a big deal about it. If we find out there's issues we will simply nullify the results. If there was a previous purchase then we will allow it. It's as simple as that without making it an argument like it has been in here.

My statement in based on that. It doesn't matter if there's an issue because it will be solved regardless. Usually these matters are taken care of privately instead of letting people get in all sorts of unnecessary drama. I'm not going to let the fun get sour over a little drama is all.

Naito Raizu

Naito Raizu

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:22 pm

Oh my god. I'm sorry, this is all my fault.

I recorded a result of a duel between BlackWarGreymon and Tankmonx like, two weeks ago when a previous result hadn't transferred the locator card over from Tankmonx to the victor. That's why an additional locator card was thrown into all of this. I remember Muffin pointing out the mistake earlier, and I said I was going to get around to addressing that, but then it completely slipped my mind.

Admins, if you want to talk to me about it, grill me on Skype. This is completely my fault, and I'm sorry that I allowed this mistake to remain present in the tournament for so long.

Correction: Locator Card retracted from BlackWarGreymon. Sorry Blackwar.

Last edited by Naito Raizu on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.duelacademy.org

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:23 pm

Heatnix's Investigation:

My investigation through this post and the Academia Store on the matter of Tankmonx has concluded.

It's actually a very interesting situation. Of course, Tankmonx never purchased a card, however, there was a violation of the rules but didn't turn into cheating for the event. Let me explain:

Tankmonx had 2 locator cards. Lost one to Rika Furude. Amy Kool made the transfer.
Tankmonx dueled both Gremlin and BWG afterward for 1 card where he only had 1 left. Here's the cheating part, but it went like this: Gremlin actually had a screenshot confirmation of his victory and BWG was waiting for confirmation from Tankmonx, which never happened. Because Gremlin had a screenshot, the last locator card of Tankmonx was given to Gremlin and not BWG who was left out in the cold out of Tankmonx's actions (dueling two people for a card and having just one left) and because of it never getting confirmed. Naito Raizu awarded Tankmonx's card to Gremlin but didn't award anything to BWG because of not having any confirmation AND Naito knew Monx only had 1 left.

tl;dr: Tankmonx tried to cheat but lost twice and no additional locator cards were actually distributed at any time:

Tankmonx vs Rika Furude: Rika wins a card (confirmed)
Tankmonx vs Gremlin: Gremlin wins a card (sc confirmed)
Tankmonx vs BWG: Never confirmed. No cards were awarded.

So! the event is still going on clean. It was a misunderstanding. Any other Admin would like to add anything to it before making a decision? I don't want to make a witch hunt here and bring Jin and stuff, just want to clear things out.

Lainion

Lainion

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:56 pm

Wow lots of stuff happened(and lots of trolling I missed the chance for >.> ) when I wasn't here...
Anyway challenging any player for a duel for the following 3hours

Johan

Johan

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:07 pm

Considering the fact that tankmonx had dueled BWG and lost, but no confirmation was provided, until the matter was solved, tankmonx shouldn't have been able to duel any more for this tournament as he supposedly has no locator cards. Regardless of whether Gremlin provided a screenshot or not, the duel shouldn't have happened at the first place as tankmonx is not allowed to play any longer until he confirmed/denied the previous match.

I'm not an admin or any thing to decide on this, but this is just pure common sense.

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:00 pm

No, no, Johan, you do bring a valid point for sure. No opinion here is invalid.

Thing is, Tankmonx didn't come back to post at all. His only one post in history was the one confirming his first match with Rika Furude and chronologically he dueled Gremlin first and then BWG. Gremin had a screenshot to prove his victory and BWG didn't, but Tankmonx never returned to post anything and all contact with him has ceased.

Technically speaking, his only illegal match was with BWG. He still had one by the time he dueled Gremling. He technically didn't have any more against BWG but they happened one after the other.
So, yeah you're right cept the one that shouldn't have happened was BWG's duel.

Johan

Johan

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:24 pm

Heatnix wrote:No, no, Johan, you do bring a valid point for sure. No opinion here is invalid.

Thing is, Tankmonx didn't come back to post at all. His only one post in history was the one confirming his first match with Rika Furude and chronologically he dueled Gremlin first and then BWG. Gremin had a screenshot to prove his victory and BWG didn't, but Tankmonx never returned to post anything and all contact with him has ceased.

Technically speaking, his only illegal match was with BWG. He still had one by the time he dueled Gremling. He technically didn't have any more against BWG but they happened one after the other.
So, yeah you're right cept the one that shouldn't have happened was BWG's duel.  
 Post #190

You have it in the wrong order. Duel between tankmonx and BWG happened before duel between tankmonx and gremlin, hence, what I'm stating in the other post.

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:33 pm

I stand corrected. The post of BWG came first, but yes, Johan, you're right. Chronologically, BWG's battle happened first and Gremlin's second.

Now this is quite the conundrum. BWG never got any confirmation from Tankmonx and Gremlin got a screenshot, but BWG's battle was the only one to be rewarded.

Because of that... I will make everyone unhappy! Since it was never confirmed, BWG loses his. Because it was an illegal match, Gremlin loses his.

Now we just go on with the event! This weekend should get a bit more active, so those looking for these cards make sure to be around!

Form3r

Form3r

Posted Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:43 am

Alright let's go hard these last 2 days

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Qualification round has ended.

Finals are starting immediately with elimination style. Finalists are Rika Furunde, Jif, Johan and MadMuffin.

Selected by Random.org, the following match-ups have been made:

Johan vs Jif
Rika Furude vs MadMuffin

Good luck.

Astral Heart

Astral Heart

Posted Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:58 pm

Battle City Tournament No.1 - Page 8 Yuma_Cries

NOOOOOO I missed out!!!

I was to busy getting my deck ready.

maybe next tourney

Form3r

Form3r

Posted Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:24 pm

Welp I did a call out for challengers a few days ago to go hard the last 2 days and then nobody showed up >.>

Johan

Johan

Posted Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:02 am

Won 2-0 over Jif. Good games.

Jif

Jif

Posted Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:03 am

Confirming for the Games between me and Johan. Good games

Mad Muffin

Mad Muffin

Posted Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:40 am

Spoiler:

Can we get done with this?

Rika Furude

Rika Furude

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:19 pm

Mad Muffin wrote:
Spoiler:

Can we get done with this?

Post #199

Sorry, couldn't be on past two days cuz internet is out at home. I'll try my best to catch you online while im at the library or school. What times are you online? I can get online at school from like 9 a.m. to 2 pm, and from there could go to the library at pretty much any time that is before 8 p.m., so setting up a time for our duel will be lovely.

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 8 of 10)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum