Duel Arena shutting down

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:40 am

Duel Arena getting Shut Down

After closing Duel Accelerator 3 as their main online ygo game, they have finally released something to try influence ppl online again, which was Duel Arena. We never knew why so low graphics and such UI like from early 2000s. KONAMI makes a lot better games these days. It must have been an inside beta project to see if ppl are interested in pay for in-game cards and if yes maybe they would release a new version of it like in steroids with latest GFX and modern UI. However, they see no profit it in apparently, their console games are still major money maker for ygo online. After all they don't even need online stuff for ygo considering HOW MUCH they earn in real life on cards =.=
Arena is closing and again another failure to fan made dueling systems that are free to play.

KONAMI wrote:Dear fans of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Arena,
Thanks to all of you for your loyalty and support on Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Arena available on Miniclip.com since June 2014.
We regret to say that Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Arena will be going offline according to the following schedule.

2015/01/28 UTC 8:00am:
Termination of "Premium Partner Recruiting" Service.

2015/02/25 UTC 8:00am:
Termination of Item Micro Transaction Service by Miniclip Credit.
*Purchase by Duel Point is still continued after this date.

2015/03/27 UTC 8:00am:
Termination of the entire service

We will commit to support the service until the very last day.
Once again, we sincerely appreciate your continuous support and hope that you enjoyed this game.
We look forward to seeing you again with our next great KONAMI games.

All the best;
From KONAMI Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Arena Team

*Please contact the customer service of Miniclip if you have any questions regarding this matter.
*Gameplay or previous data will not be accessible after the termination of the service.
*The termination date is subject to change without prior notice.

Farewell another crappy ygo game!

Naito Raizu

Naito Raizu

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:45 am

I'm totally going to miss the heavy lag and pay to play factors that went into this game.

Fair well Duel Arena. You were a crappy game to the very end. XP

http://www.duelacademy.org

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:47 am

I will so not miss it. XD

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:45 am

Eh... wasn't this released like last year or am I mistaking it with something else?

Naito Raizu

Naito Raizu

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:56 am

This was the shitty laggy thing that everyone BETA tested last year.

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:58 am

Oh damn. Closed down sooner than expected. I was foreseeing at least early 2016 =p

Naito Raizu

Naito Raizu

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:59 am

You were way too lenient with that thing.

I'm surprised it lasted this long. I thought that KONAMI was going to close it in November.

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:04 pm

I try to be nice on games. I work on that field remember? Can't wish them all ill =p

Naito Raizu

Naito Raizu

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:14 pm

But one that was seriously that bad? I don't understand how you can be nice to it.

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:17 pm

What are you talking about? I'm a nice guy. Cross my heart.

Couldn't contain my laughter as I wrote this.

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:26 pm

They lasted not even a year I think. I wish there was a new Power of Chaos game Meh

Nuran

Nuran

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:43 pm

If the full game was exactly like the beta testing it would have lasted longer made it way too hard to make your own decks even if you were dumb enough to pay money for it

BlackWarGreymon

BlackWarGreymon

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:59 pm

POPULAR

Well, that was faster than the fall of Felix from space

zeak6464

zeak6464

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:28 am

funny how this game only lived a short time .... well maybe they will hire some people to make a guy like the Joey-PC game and sell that instead Laughing or a TagForce 8 - PC game Grin

B@TMAN

B@TMAN

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:17 am

zeak6464 wrote:funny how this game only lived a short time .... well maybe they will hire some people to make a guy like the Joey-PC game and sell that instead Laughing or a TagForce 8 - PC game Grin
 Post #14

they already made a joey pc game years ago. but yeah i think they were late to the party on this idea and no one really cared for it. but they should stick to what they know:making profit.

BlackWarGreymon

BlackWarGreymon

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:46 am

B@TMAN wrote:
zeak6464 wrote:funny how this game only lived a short time .... well maybe they will hire some people to make a guy like the Joey-PC game and sell that instead Laughing or a TagForce 8 - PC game Grin
 Post #14

they already made a joey pc game years ago. but yeah i think they were late to the party on this idea and no one really cared for it. but they should stick to what they know:making profit.
 Post #15

That joey game was just reference from that guy lolz

Lainion

Lainion

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:32 am

I love how ever since came out I was like "Ok...I am gonna check the game out today!" and then going like "naaaah let's leave it for another day..." till this happened Duel Arena shutting down Lol1-onion-head-emoticon

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum