Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Message (Page 3 of 3)

Naito Raizu

Naito Raizu

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:02 am

First topic message reminder :

I remember this topic on our old site, and I actually really liked it, so I decided, let's make it here.

Basically, just give us the story behind your username. Why did you pick that specific username? Is there a special reason for it, or is it one of those names that you just randomly typed out when signing up for the site?

My story: When I was in middle school, I loved the Gate Keeper book series, and my favourite book in the series was called Night Rise. During that time, a tragic event occurred in my life, and I got really dark and depressing, with my mood rising during the night. As a result some of my friends started to call me "Night". Then, when I entered high school and got on the internet, the first community I joined was a bunch of anime otakus on a site called L.I.R. When I joined, I made "Night Rise" my username, basing it off of the book, partly because I liked the book, and partly because my friends already called me "Night". Then, one of my friends on the site, Yuma, translated it to Anglicized-Japanese, and the end result was the name "Naito Raizu." It stuck, so I've been using it ever since.

Last edited by Naito Raizu on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.duelacademy.org

BlueEyesGrapha

BlueEyesGrapha

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:39 pm

bobee42 wrote:Ever since I can remember, I have had an obsession with the name Bob. I named everything that was nameable Bob, which included my trumpet, my tree start (this bob died in a few days), the tree in my backyard that didnt die, and my 3DS. (interesting fact: I once got a push vaccuum for my birthday. This vaccuum was a female, so it was named Barbra.)

It was this inexplicable attraction to the name that is the root of my username. By the time I was in need of a username, I had decided that Bob was too "mainstream", so I decided to mix it up by adding two e's. The numbers represent the meaning of life. Therefore, my username means (at least to me) "Bob is the meaning of Life".
 Post #29
Bob, the perfect disguise... Everyone loves the name Bob! It's epic!*
*Anyone who disagrees is dead to me

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:41 pm

BlueEyesGrapha wrote:
bobee42 wrote:Ever since I can remember, I have had an obsession with the name Bob. I named everything that was nameable Bob, which included my trumpet, my tree start (this bob died in a few days), the tree in my backyard that didnt die, and my 3DS. (interesting fact: I once got a push vaccuum for my birthday. This vaccuum was a female, so it was named Barbra.)

It was this inexplicable attraction to the name that is the root of my username. By the time I was in need of a username, I had decided that Bob was too "mainstream", so I decided to mix it up by adding two e's. The numbers represent the meaning of life. Therefore, my username means (at least to me) "Bob is the meaning of Life".
 Post #29
 Post #51

I'm gonna have five kids, and name them all bob. JK JK JK

BlueEyesGrapha

BlueEyesGrapha

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:54 pm

Kurono Satō wrote:
BlueEyesGrapha wrote:

Post #29
 Post #51

Post #52
That would actually be a good idea, Bob wins again...

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:56 pm

BlueEyesGrapha wrote:
Kurono Satō wrote:
BlueEyesGrapha wrote:

Post #29
 Post #51

Post #52
That would actually be a good idea, Bob wins again...
 Post #53

I was actually kidding. XD

Skitoritto

Skitoritto

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Name them Jack, it sounds better

http://www.duelacademia.com

BlueEyesGrapha

BlueEyesGrapha

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:57 pm

@Kurono Sure ; )

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:59 pm

Skitoritto wrote:Name them Jack, it sounds better
 Post #55

My ex is named Jack.... No thanks.

BlueEyesGrapha

BlueEyesGrapha

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:00 pm

Kurono Satō wrote:
 Post #55

Post #57
Laughing, not a fan of Jacks? Good.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:01 pm

BlueEyesGrapha wrote:
Kurono Satō wrote:
 Post #55

Post #57
Laughing, not a fan of Jacks? Good.
 Post #58

Nope.

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:01 am

Heatnix wrote:Serious topic is serious:

The thing is that females are widely underestimated in online communities weather they are for gaming or comics or whatever is supposed to be "for guys mostly". No matter how it looks, these communities rarely accept girls and their opinions into the herd and are quite hostile toward them. Also, we have the usual "look! a girl! I'm in love with her!" syndrome that causes a lot of stalking but let's move on.

Because of this, they have two choices: Find small groups of friends who are understanding and pretty much live under the radar and away from the usual, male formed hazing... or become popular through either being better than anyone else and not being afraid of it or becoming a part of the "bros", which means reducing themselves to acting and speaking like them (aka, meme language and they, themselves offending other women). Amy decided to be so kool that people started to respect her work and her duelists skills, she merely used her name as a hook for people to be lured into dueling her, something she wouldn't call a fight more than practice cause she has told us she was really good and liked to pwn noobs =p

So there you have it!
 Post #50

I wasn't super great, though I did not fight in tournaments that much, almost never. My specialty was creating funny pro decks that pwned. so whenever you decided to fight my Gishki deck, or Jinzo, or Dark Magician, or Agents (before they became pro agents with those ballz lol), or Reptilliane etc, you would actually need a really solid meta deck most of the time to do it without issues. I would really like to come back to YGO sometimes just to test out some deck loves I never finished 100% but you do understand that now im in open sea with all these new cards and stuff.. its just too much of a deal right now Smile

Anyway this was totally off topic, enough of me. sorry lol.

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 3 of 3)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum