[Card Discussion] Shaddoll Hound

Message (Page 1 of 1)

BlueEyesGrapha

BlueEyesGrapha

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:21 pm

[Card Discussion] Shaddoll Hound 300px-ShaddollHound-DUEA-EN-SR-LE
FLIP: You can target 1 "Shaddoll" card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.
If this card is sent to the Graveyard by a card effect: You can target 1 monster on the field; change its battle position. (Flip monsters' effects are not activated at this time, except "Shaddoll" monsters'.) You can only use 1 "Shaddoll Hound" effect per turn, and only once that turn.
So this card was a promo card in the DUEA special edition box. It's been out for a while, but I don't notice too many people playing this card. It has potential to be a good card, what are your opinions?

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:22 pm

I haven't seen anyone play this card yet, so i can't exactly say. Also, I'm not good with spellcasters either. XD

Skitoritto

Skitoritto

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:24 pm

Betta Version of A/D Changer, too bad it's not Light if it was light it would have been perfect! People might play it at 1 e_e.

http://www.duelacademia.com

XraishionX 2.0

XraishionX 2.0

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Only reason why I'd use it is if Shadolls needed a way to flip on the same turn it was set...
Otherwise, this card is still a plus one if set.

Mr.Kandy

Mr.Kandy

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:03 pm

It's not really a need card for shaddolls but it's an option.

Skitoritto

Skitoritto

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:42 am

XraishionX 2.0 wrote:Only reason why I'd use it is if Shadolls needed a way to flip on the same turn it was set...
Otherwise, this card is still a plus one if set.  
 Post #4
It's hardly ever going to happen tho , as you have like 4 ways to send the card for it to be useful lol

http://www.duelacademia.com

Luna

Luna

Posted Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:09 am

Luna has actually tried using it before, but Luna always found that Luna would have preferred a different shaddoll card every time. It may see more use if Sinister Shadow Games is hit in the TCG (which it probably will) as SSG right now lets you flip as many shaddolls as you want. Its flip effect is not bad, but Falco ss them onto the field in face down def and hedgehog can already add one from your deck so it is somewhat redundant.

Luna actually would prefer A/D changer over Hound if you are focusing on the position change because a) A/D changer is a light attribute making it material for Nephilim and b) you have more control on when you want to use its effect as you choose when you banish it from your grave while hound is only when it is sent to the grave via card effect so it is a bit harder to use.

It can search out a shaddoll fusion (or any shaddoll card) if you combo it with SSG: mill shaddoll fusion and flip Hound. use Hound's effect to add Fusion to your hand though you could do the same with Hedgehog and get a different Shaddoll's graveyard eff. Though it is somewhat more flexible in that you could use it to add Shaddoll monsters to your hand after getting their graveyard effect and can be used with hedgehog as another method for searching out fusion.

It is not that it is a bad card, it is a pretty good card when you think about it, but there just seem to be better cards at the moment. You just generally don't have the deck room for it.

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum