You are not connected. Please login or register

20 Years of the Franchise - Introduction of The Engineer

Message (Page 1 of 1)

The Engineer

The Engineer

Administrator
Administrator

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:57 pm

It was quite a time. Nearly 20 years of Yu-Gi-Oh! Man, now when I think about it, I grew up on this show. After so much time, to see again Yugi and Kaiba back to back, it is as tense as when they first time faced off! Those were simpler times. You have ATK and DEF and you calculate the points, with few traps here and there to spice it up, nothing too complicated, it was either ATK boost, or a simple wipe out the field thing. Nowadays, you read those effects like some people read books. Yet, after all these fancy effect monsters, to see Dark Magician and Blue Eyes White Dragon vanilla clash against each other, that's a show you don't want to miss.

I am The Engineer. Those of you who have been here before, you know that this is the master account of the forum and Amy used it in cases she needed founder access. She has put this account for me to use it and help her out back then, but I really didn't have any intentions to go back to dueling back then, helped out in few code details she didn't have time to finish up herself, but other than that, I never actually appeared myself as an active member of this community. I've been inspecting YGO lately, and wanted to come back, trying to find a community to get into. However, when I see this forum and other YGO forums out there, I have not much interest to join any of those. Large forums like DNF, pojo and some competitive like DGZ, they are all too much for my taste. Amy did a really good job here setting up everything, but this website never really saw the light of the day due to her inactivity, so I thought it might be fun to try to get it active, change few details here and there to make it simpler and off we go.

It might be wrong timing though. I see DN just went down for good, not cool. It is sad to see a dueling system disappear just like that. I remember when I played YVD, it managed through the era of KCVDS since some core YVD users still played it due to KCVDS having bad updates and lags. Still, it didn't feel good to see YVD and KCVDS go down eventually. I tried few duels on that YGOPro system back then when it came to be, it felt promising, but I was very much out of dueling at that time to continue to use it. I guess that is the only dueling system worth using at this very moment?! At least we have something other than Power of Chaos Laughing

As for the forum, most people know how it goes. I have reset all the ranks, achievements and positions. I really don't know any of the former staff members, nor if they are still active at some forums. There are always those who want to consume the product and those who want to help making it. In any case, activity goes before anyone of us can enjoy it here. That being said, if you like this place and would want to see it active, spread the news about us getting on the active road again and enjoy it yourself too. I'll give my best Wink

Gamagori

Gamagori

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:10 pm

Hello. For those of you who don't know me, I am known as Jin Kazama on other sites. I have served in just about every position imaginable on a website, from Lead Administrator to Tournament Organizer.

Regrettably, I have graduated and been offered paid positions on not only other sites but also the IT industry which will take up most of my time.

I commend your efforts and wish you all the best. If you need a dependable guy to assist you, I know all about forum management but regrettably I no longer play Yugioh. HR was my real love and that is why you found me as Staff Administrator here.

train

train

Posted Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:19 pm

hey jin, good to see you are still alive and kicking, also i had no idea dn went down, holy shit. Beside ygopro i think dev pro is still an option, not to mention the byond systems.

The Engineer

The Engineer

Administrator
Administrator

Posted Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:34 pm

Thanks guys for the input.

@Gamagori Congratulations on your graduation and job, it's always nice to see people pursuing their dreams and succeeding in it. Thank you for your time and support by being staff in old times. I will contact you of course if needed, though since you are pretty much busy yourself, I would like to give advantage to some newer people to engage in volunteering. Thanks again Wink

@train Yeah, yesterday I wanted to see my old decks to start from somewhere since I forgot what I was even playing back then, but no luck in that since DN got down. I guess I'll have to start by fetching some popular decks and see what the game mechanics offers nowadays.

As far as I could fetch from google, YGOPro is most preferred followed by Devpro. BYOND, I remember that 2D nintendo like game, it used to be fun and had all those anime cards. I wonder if people still play that and if it's updated with cards and all that new stuff.

Forum Update:
I plan to contact some people I knew back then if I still have them in my facebook friends list and few other groups I was apart of to come and join us in order to get the forum activity up and going. Then I will start a tournament and other things so we can get in the full swing of action!

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:37 am

Interesting.

I'm in.

Mhhh... seems I lost my Admin-ness. Sadness.

The Engineer

The Engineer

Administrator
Administrator

Posted Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:19 pm

I am not counting out people who contributed a lot in old times, especially former admins, if they have lots of time to waste for a children's card game Grin

PowerNova

PowerNova

Posted Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:22 pm

You've caught my attention. Good to see some old faces show up hows everyone been?

The Engineer

The Engineer

Administrator
Administrator

Posted Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Glad to hear that @PowerNova. Hope you stick around and join us as we make the forum active and enjoyable!

Lainion

Lainion

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:24 am

Just a random day;going through my mails&stuff nothing outta ordinary...
Or so I thought!
20 Years of the Franchise - Introduction of The Engineer 25f37f3f1f304393b0c0231c10894a5e
20 Years of the Franchise - Introduction of The Engineer Ea8ed45e69c444ebb3390252bda8e782
20 Years of the Franchise - Introduction of The Engineer 4bcfc6fe4e654d89a27c2c0eb96328a7
YAY YAY YAY
(No onion emoticon page but each form of WarGreymon gets a separate page... T.T

k so to those who don't know me I am Lainion;A.k.a faervel in other forums and as for my background...I am awesome :3
And to those who know me already....hi~!
I have an exam in 2 days so I won't be seen around till I am done with that,but after that I'd be glad to help the site in anyway I can.
Also

@Heatnix cheers
@PowerNova come ooooon I know you're super busy IRL but at least pm me about dis T.T

Aaaaand I'd end this with a "faer out" but meh more like "faer in" ^.^
(I am really glad that site's back up to be honest)

The Engineer

The Engineer

Administrator
Administrator

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:20 am

Glad to see another fan of this forum re-appear!

You seem to know most people around, you will be a great help to the community of course.

Good luck in your exams Wink

Lainion

Lainion

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:25 pm

The Engineer wrote:Glad to see another fan of this forum re-appear!

You seem to know most people around, you will be a great help to the community of course.

Post 20 Years of the Franchise - Introduction of The Engineer 1-83

Thanks,I did rather nice I think.
Soo...I'm gonna try to see if I can get some of the older members around I guess.

The Engineer

The Engineer

Administrator
Administrator

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:30 pm

Lainion wrote:
The Engineer wrote:Glad to see another fan of this forum re-appear!

Post 20 Years of the Franchise - Introduction of The Engineer 1-83

Thanks,I did rather nice I think.
Soo...I'm gonna try to see if I can get some of the older members around I guess.
 Post #11

Yeah that's great, it would be very helpful to resurrection of this community Grin

Seems like the code for quote got broken somehow, should be fixed now.

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:43 pm

Oh hey! Farvel is around.

Lainion

Lainion

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:46 pm

DN couldn't go down with a better timing though...
It was pretty much my only way of contacting many people I wanted to ask to join here... T.T

The Engineer

The Engineer

Administrator
Administrator

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:34 pm

We can still ask around, YGOPro has community, there are some facebook groups and forums as well. If some of you are in Skype groups where duelists are, that is a way too. I am pretty much new to the scene, considering there were years of absence from my side, I don't really know anyone so for me it is a bit slower process getting into communities, but we'll get there eventually Grin

Naito Raizu

Naito Raizu

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:05 pm

So, I came and logged onto this site for the first time in ages because I wanted to look back through my admin logs and pull on some things that my friends were interested at looking at. So a bit frustrated to come back and see I was removed, but whatever.

For the benefit of reminding people, I'm Naito Raizu. Former Adminstrator of Teachers with a love of helping people and writing (reasons I was the Admin of Teachers.) I no longer play this game, mainly because this site went and collapsed on itself and the community on other sites was rather toxic. I now serve in high level elected positions in the Boy Scouts of America, Chief Seattle Council, so that's a thing.

If you'd like my help, whether in the form of leadership or writing, I'd be glad to help. I'll re-educate myself in this game to update my knowledge. However, if you don't need me, don't expect me to be hanging around here. I've other responsibilities as well.

http://www.duelacademy.org

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum