Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Message (Page 2 of 3)

Naito Raizu

Naito Raizu

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:02 am

First topic message reminder :

I remember this topic on our old site, and I actually really liked it, so I decided, let's make it here.

Basically, just give us the story behind your username. Why did you pick that specific username? Is there a special reason for it, or is it one of those names that you just randomly typed out when signing up for the site?

My story: When I was in middle school, I loved the Gate Keeper book series, and my favourite book in the series was called Night Rise. During that time, a tragic event occurred in my life, and I got really dark and depressing, with my mood rising during the night. As a result some of my friends started to call me "Night". Then, when I entered high school and got on the internet, the first community I joined was a bunch of anime otakus on a site called L.I.R. When I joined, I made "Night Rise" my username, basing it off of the book, partly because I liked the book, and partly because my friends already called me "Night". Then, one of my friends on the site, Yuma, translated it to Anglicized-Japanese, and the end result was the name "Naito Raizu." It stuck, so I've been using it ever since.

Last edited by Naito Raizu on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.duelacademy.org

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:14 am

Haha, Naito-Kun. XD

Rika Furude

Rika Furude

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:11 am

http://myanimelist.net/character/1534/Furude_Rika

♤Spade♤

♤Spade♤

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:24 am

Origin of your username - Page 2 Artworks-000052709966-q9zxtx-crop

bobee42

bobee42

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:33 am

POPULAR

Ever since I can remember, I have had an obsession with the name Bob. I named everything that was nameable Bob, which included my trumpet, my tree start (this bob died in a few days), the tree in my backyard that didnt die, and my 3DS. (interesting fact: I once got a push vaccuum for my birthday. This vaccuum was a female, so it was named Barbra.)

It was this inexplicable attraction to the name that is the root of my username. By the time I was in need of a username, I had decided that Bob was too "mainstream", so I decided to mix it up by adding two e's. The numbers represent the meaning of life. Therefore, my username means (at least to me) "Bob is the meaning of Life".

Skitoritto

Skitoritto

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:37 am

bobee42 wrote:Ever since I can remember, I have had an obsession with the name Bob. I named everything that was nameable Bob, which included my trumpet, my tree start (this bob died in a few days), the tree in my backyard that didnt die, and my 3DS. (interesting fact: I once got a push vaccuum for my birthday. This vaccuum was a female, so it was named Barbra.)

It was this inexplicable attraction to the name that is the root of my username. By the time I was in need of a username, I had decided that Bob was too "mainstream", so I decided to mix it up by adding two e's. The numbers represent the meaning of life. Therefore, my username means (at least to me) "Bob is the meaning of Life".
 Post #29
So legit!

http://www.duelacademia.com

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:38 am

Ski, be nice. >.>

Skitoritto

Skitoritto

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:42 am

How was I rude? I even liked his post Shocked ?

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:51 am

Skitoritto wrote:How was I rude? I even liked his post Shocked ?
 Post #32

Shhh. It's all in your mind. <<

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:31 am

Spade's post is awe-inspiring.

Yep, I'm still stalling.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:33 am

Evil evil evil

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:41 am

I'll wait for others to post, then post mine. There's not a lot behind it, but it's a good third of my 500 pages long memoire.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:44 am

Heatnix wrote:I'll wait for others to post, then post mine. There's not a lot behind it, but it's a good third of my 500 pages long memoire.
 Post #36

That's sad.

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:47 am

POPULAR

Okay I have never told this one to anyone as far as I remember, but for the sake of the topic I'm gonna open my mind here and enlighten you why Amy became Amy Kool lol.

It all goes back to the days of KCVDS. Version 1.14, I had some nickname. Rooms were full of newbs who know nothing about connecting via hamachi and what is IP. It would all be good if only they knew what is YGO in the 1st place but meh, we all tried to play lol. So after a while I realized that most of my ygo time goes to connecting with ppl, u are not famous so ppl don't wanna duel you just like that, it's hard to get an opponent when connection problems occur etc. So, I sat down and thought, I'm a effing female in this crowd so why not abooose that fact in my favor. So I thought of a cool name, attractive, anime-loving-famous-catchy-short etc. Ended up with Amy. Not cocky, very pleasant and catchy. However calling myself just Amy wouldn't do it alone. I needed something to tease the kids to speak to me just like that lol, in other words I wanted to look COOL! So, without too much thinking of how can I become cool, I just put the word cool in my name haha. Amy Cool was born and got very famous in old KCVDS (at that time 1.15). I enter the lobby, host and I can't rid of the ppl lol. Pretty awesome for just a female name lol. While other ppl struggled pretty much to get into a duel, I just switched ppl as I liked lol. I remember times when I did not like my opponent's username so only for that reason I rejected the duel and hosted another one haha. Yeah, cocky I know, with fame comes the evil. 

Years passed, like 3 at least from that time. DN is in full swing, community is growing, everyone changes their names but you can't just change yours since your whole ygo identity is that username. Then again, you want to release at least an update to your name to refresh it somehow. I actually had that wish to update it even before, so one version of it was Amy Cold lol. Pretty much sjmilar to the old one but I used it just for testing purposes, to joke a bit with ppl. That Cold word comes from Cool (if you look at it in context "let's cool down a bit" or so). So anyway, back to the real update of my name. At the time I wanted to change it, I began a campaign named "Monster Kombat" coming from Mortal Kombat thingy. I wanted to make some new dice game with monsters having totally new interface and mortal kombat was very cool to me at the time as genre so yeah, wanted to mix that idea with ygo. Almost finished it, but never tested out to release that dice game. In my language for "c" pronounced as "k" we always use just "k" letter so that was more natural to me anyway. English ppl still get it as Mortal Kombat is pretty famous so yeah, after a while jokes with me and "K" letter replacing all my "C"'s in sentences were interesting to ppl around. At the end I decided finally to make my name more scary, more radical, and Amy Kool was made.

To conclude it, Amy Cool/Kool name was my only official ygo name that I used since I appeared in the forums around and never changed it to something else. It's been like almost 5 years now.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:48 am

Whoa o-o

Skitoritto

Skitoritto

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:39 am

I tough you picked Amy as a Username because of Sonic games, there is a char called Amy Rose if I remember correctly?

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:40 am

That is a pretty cool origin story, Amy. The whole abusing being female though, damn =p

@Skit: That's absurd. There's tons of characters named Amy out there, why would she pick one from Sonic specifically?

Skitoritto

Skitoritto

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:43 am

People where talking about Video games in the chatbox, Amy said her favorite game when she was a kid was Sonic -Something-, 1+1=2, no?

jjh927

jjh927

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:58 am

My initials are "JJH". 927 is "The username "jjh" is taken. How about these random numbers?"

Jamborgini, the other username I use, just sounds cool. And my first name is James, which has jam in it.

Mr.Kandy

Mr.Kandy

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:11 pm

I was always curious about jjh's name

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:13 pm

jjh927 wrote:My initials are "JJH". 927 is "The username "jjh" is taken. How about these random numbers?"

Jamborgini, the other username I use, just sounds cool. And my first name is James, which has jam in it.
 Post #43

927 origin is so pro. I always thought there was more behind it since you are a totally pedant and detailed when it comes to these things on paper lol.

Skitoritto wrote:People where talking about Video games in the chatbox, Amy said her favorite game when she was a kid was Sonic -Something-, 1+1=2, no?
 Post #42

Yes my fav game of childhood was 2D sonic the hedgehog but I kinda disliked the newly made characters lol. I liked more the classics like Knuckles or Sonic himself Smile Tough I have to admit that white witch or cat however she is called is pro. But yeah, Amy does not have any connection with that Amy even if my current avatar hair supports her's.

Mr.Kandy

Mr.Kandy

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:17 pm

What I gathered from Amy's name: Amy's was looking for attention. The End.

That's pretty much it rite?

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Exactly. All those famous fellaz at that time that were some sort of great duelists that others looked up to, I just went the short way and did even better with just picking a name lol.

One of the reasons I retired earlier from YGO, there was no reason for me to become a great duelist haha Razz

Mr.Kandy

Mr.Kandy

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:47 pm

Only if I can be as evil as you

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:00 pm

POPULAR

No one can be like Amy. It's impossible. She's too Kool.

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:09 pm

Serious topic is serious:

The thing is that females are widely underestimated in online communities weather they are for gaming or comics or whatever is supposed to be "for guys mostly". No matter how it looks, these communities rarely accept girls and their opinions into the herd and are quite hostile toward them. Also, we have the usual "look! a girl! I'm in love with her!" syndrome that causes a lot of stalking but let's move on.

Because of this, they have two choices: Find small groups of friends who are understanding and pretty much live under the radar and away from the usual, male formed hazing... or become popular through either being better than anyone else and not being afraid of it or becoming a part of the "bros", which means reducing themselves to acting and speaking like them (aka, meme language and they, themselves offending other women). Amy decided to be so kool that people started to respect her work and her duelists skills, she merely used her name as a hook for people to be lured into dueling her, something she wouldn't call a fight more than practice cause she has told us she was really good and liked to pwn noobs =p

So there you have it!

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 2 of 3)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum