-Starlight Road
-1 Icarus Attack

+1 Black Sonic
+1 Blizzard
+1 Gale

-1 Dire Wolf
-1 Gaia
-1 Black Winged Dragon
-1 Black feather dragon (Ya can leave it if ya need but I'd remove it, it still works better in LS deck XD)
-Stardust Dragon

+1 Armor Master
+1 Armed Wing
+1 Goyo Guardian
+1 Crimson Blader
+1 Excition Knight.

Those are the main edits I would do. Prolly someone will suggest something better Laughing

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:34 am

LOKOS wrote:Hmm the BLS build... I never really liked it XD

Not sure what to suggest tho..

-1 PoD
-Starlight Road
-1 Icarus Attack

+1 Black Sonic
+1 Blizzard
+1 Gale

-1 Dire Wolf
-1 Gaia
-1 Black Winged Dragon
-1 Black feather dragon (Ya can leave it if ya need but I'd remove it, it still works better in LS deck XD)
-Stardust Dragon

+1 Armor Master
+1 Armed Wing
+1 Goyo Guardian
+1 Crimson Blader
+1 Excition Knight.

Those are the main edits I would do. Prolly someone will suggest something better Laughing
 Post #2

Well, let's see if anyone else can help out too, Lokos before I make changes. Razz

bobee42

bobee42

Posted Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Personally, I prefer to not run Vayu anymore. Don't get me wrong, Vayu's effect is still good. But in my mind, the card has lost its main purpose in Blackwings, which is being an awesome target for Shura's effect. This is due to the introduction of the card "Blackwing - Steam the Cloak", who when summoned by Shura allows more powerful synchro plays.

EXAMPLE:
Shura destroys opponent's monster, uses effect to summon Steam
Poke with Steam
MP2
Synchro level 7 into Armor Master. Steam's effect activates and you get a token.
Activate Steam's effect. Tribute the token and summon Steam from the graveyard.
Synchro with Armor master and Steam into the lvl 10 synchro "Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree".
Steam's effect activates. Get a token.

END RESULT:
3100 Beatstick and free token for defence

If you summon vayu instead, the most you can do with just vayu and shura is a level 5 synchro. In most situations, I feel Leo applyes much more pressure to your opponent than a generic level 5. As a shura target, Vayu is outclassed. Also, Steam the Cloak is much better in hand than Vayu.

Also, I honestly don't understand the purpose of Gram the Shining Star in a blackwing deck. He can't be summoned with vayu's effect, and his actual effect is almost pointless.

Blackwing - Gram the Shining Star:

Think about what Blackwing monsters you run that he can summon: Bora, Kalut, Shura, Zephyros

Bora could summon himself from your hand anyways. If you really want a level 5 synchro AND a 17 beatstick, you can just summon bora before you synch.

Summoning Kalut is dumb.

It is true that shura cannot special summon himself, but summoning Shura with Gram the Shining Star is almost always counter productive. If shura is summoned this way, his effect is negated. And why do you run shura? For his effect. Why summon him a turn early and destroy his effect when you could just wait and unleash his full awesome next turn?

Zephyros is literally the ONLY card in your entire deck that doesn't mind being summoned by Gram on a regular basis. But there is still an issue; you only run one.

Almost always, Gram is useless or even detremental. there are much better cards to run in an extra deck. (some would include: Silent Honor Ark, Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer, Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons, and Armades Keeper of Boundaries)

One more thing:

Oroshi the Squall can be used to easily synchro 5 (if you replace Vayu with Steam)

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:26 am

bobee42 wrote:Personally, I prefer to not run Vayu anymore. Don't get me wrong, Vayu's effect is still good. But in my mind, the card has lost its main purpose in Blackwings, which is being an awesome target for Shura's effect. This is due to the introduction of the card "Blackwing - Steam the Cloak", who when summoned by Shura allows more powerful synchro plays.

EXAMPLE:
Shura destroys opponent's monster, uses effect to summon Steam
Poke with Steam
MP2
Synchro level 7 into Armor Master. Steam's effect activates and you get a token.
Activate Steam's effect. Tribute the token and summon Steam from the graveyard.
Synchro with Armor master and Steam into the lvl 10 synchro "Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree".
Steam's effect activates. Get a token.

END RESULT:
3100 Beatstick and free token for defence

If you summon vayu instead, the most you can do with just vayu and shura is a level 5 synchro. In most situations, I feel Leo applyes much more pressure to your opponent than a generic level 5. As a shura target, Vayu is outclassed. Also, Steam the Cloak is much better in hand than Vayu.

Also, I honestly don't understand the purpose of Gram the Shining Star in a blackwing deck. He can't be summoned with vayu's effect, and his actual effect is almost pointless.

Blackwing - Gram the Shining Star:

Think about what Blackwing monsters you run that he can summon: Bora, Kalut, Shura, Zephyros

Bora could summon himself from your hand anyways. If you really want a level 5 synchro AND a 17 beatstick, you can just summon bora before you synch.

Summoning Kalut is dumb.

It is true that shura cannot special summon himself, but summoning Shura with Gram the Shining Star is almost always counter productive. If shura is summoned this way, his effect is negated. And why do you run shura? For his effect. Why summon him a turn early and destroy his effect when you could just wait and unleash his full awesome next turn?

Zephyros is literally the ONLY card in your entire deck that doesn't mind being summoned by Gram on a regular basis. But there is still an issue; you only run one.

Almost always, Gram is useless or even detremental. there are much better cards to run in an extra deck. (some would include: Silent Honor Ark, Castel the Skyblaster Musketeer, Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons, and Armades Keeper of Boundaries)

One more thing:

Oroshi the Squall can be used to easily synchro 5 (if you replace Vayu with Steam)
 Post #4

Wow o_o Thank you so much, Bobee!!! ^^ I will certainly do this! Smile

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum