So I cannot even get past level 1.....

http://www.arcadeyum.com/Play_The_Worlds_Hardest_Game_831

See how far you can get....

jjh927

jjh927

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:31 pm

I got to level 7 then recognised that the game was only hard in the sense that I really can't be arsed to play through it as it's generally boring as hell.

There are plenty of games with real difficulty behind them that I would, could and have spent huge numbers of hours on, and not got past a certain point regardless.

You want a hard game? Try Don't Starve. Everything wants to kill you.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:44 pm

jjh927 wrote:I got to level 7 then recognised that the game was only hard in the sense that I really can't be arsed to play through it as it's generally boring as hell.

There are plenty of games with real difficulty behind them that I would, could and have spent huge numbers of hours on, and not got past a certain point regardless.

Post #2

I got to level 2 and couldn't get past it.

And yeah. I should try that.

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:25 pm

Play Die Hard for the NES. THAT is a hard game.

Neonhero14

Neonhero14

Posted Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:28 pm

Cool game, i got to level 8 :3 but after that i lost hard. ; -;

Lainion

Lainion

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:32 pm

jjh927 wrote:I got to level 7 then recognised that the game was only hard in the sense that I really can't be arsed to play through it as it's generally boring as hell.

Post #2

Love to see another fan Hardest Game in The World Lol1-onion-head-emoticon
And yes I would put don't starve on top of my "hardest games ever played" list...I mean each time you survive a little more than last time...another suprise appears and kills you!

(internet speed is incredibly low I tell you how I think of the posted game after I was able to open it Hardest Game in The World Lol1-onion-head-emoticon)

Neonhero14

Neonhero14

Posted Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:35 pm

Lainion wrote:

Post #2

Love to see another fan Hardest Game in The World Lol1-onion-head-emoticon
And yes I would put don't starve on top of my "hardest games ever played" list...I mean each time you survive a little more than last time...another suprise appears and kills you!

(internet speed is incredibly low I tell you how I think of the posted game after I was able to open it Hardest Game in The World Lol1-onion-head-emoticon)

I would too but dont starve as one of the hardest games ive ever played. Oh and hope your internet gets better Grin

Naito Raizu

Naito Raizu

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:17 pm

The game itself isn't too hard. You can figure out things pretty easily if you keep a cool head. Your issue is that the red block has a delayed response time to key commands, so if you're trying to shift your block's direction in the middle of the stage, there's a good chance the blue orbs will kill you.

What makes it hard is that:

A. It's so boring, I cannot be bothered to play it much farther than level 10.
B. It's frustrating when you get killed repeatedly, so you start getting angry, get killed more, and the cycle continues.
C. It's called the "Hardest Game in the World" which makes players expect something really difficult, so then they psyche themselves out and actually believe that the game is difficult.

At least, that's my take on it.

http://www.duelacademy.org

Skitoritto

Skitoritto

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:01 am

Saying this game is hard is same as calling Flappy Bird hard Hardest Game in The World Tuzkiwiggledanceplz .

http://www.duelacademia.com

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:27 am

@Naito: Yeah, that is true. When I kept getting killed, I got annoyed, and it made myself die even more. Laughing

@Ski: I never played Flappy Bird. o.o

jjh927

jjh927

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:39 am

For the record, I've got to day 104 on don't starve WITH reign of giants. Survived all 4 seasons and more. Eventually died when a deerclops appeared from nowhere (no real warning because it was going for my base and I was out exploring miles away), which, after a long fight in which 12 beefalo, a fire pit, an endothermic fire pit, my shadow manipulator and about 8 random trees died, I beat, but was on low health and had no armour left, and the second I beat it HOUND WAVE INCOMING. So I stuff my face with jerky. 5 ice hounds, 4 regular hounds. It was suddenly night time. Quickly made a camp fire. Juked the hounds around my camp fire till I could move away in the day and go to my other beefalo herd or a huge nest of killer bees. OH WAIT, SHADOW HANDS. 2 of them instagibbed my camp fire. So I was running around with a torch. Freezing to death.

And that's how I died. (Note: I had 2 touchstones, but the first was too far away from anywhere for me to not freeze to death, and at the second, I lasted 2 days before making a dash on my home base. The hounds were still there. RIP.)

On a separate note, I got to 225 on flappy bird.

Lainion

Lainion

Member [LV2]
Member [LV2]

Posted Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:13 am

Ok tried the game out and yeah it's hard but there are kinda lots of flash games like it out there and the  midgame msgs start to get annoying after some time...the point I am trying to make is "You don't tell people your game is hard;People are the one that judge it hard" and that's totally not how this game goes T.T

For the record I am kinda new to RoG and I got annihilated by a deerclop last time...I mean OMG I took him near tentacles and those swamp things and he killed ALL of them...in the end I froze to death Hardest Game in The World Frozen-onion-head-emoticon Should I prepare fire darts for when I see a deerclop?

jjh927

jjh927

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:49 am

Lainion wrote:Ok tried the game out and yeah it's hard but there are kinda lots of flash games like it out there and the  midgame msgs start to get annoying after some time...the point I am trying to make is "You don't tell people your game is hard;People are the one that judge it hard" and that's totally not how this game goes T.T

For the record I am kinda new to RoG and I got annihilated by a deerclop last time...I mean OMG I took him near tentacles and those swamp things and he killed ALL of them...in the end I froze to death Hardest Game in The World Frozen-onion-head-emoticon Should I prepare fire darts for when I see a deerclop?
 Post #12

I meleed the first deerclops I fought like a man. You have to be able to juke. You have to have pretty good armour. You have to be willing to expend a few days. You have to have a strong supply of jerky. And you have to keep your fire running. Don't let him hurt your base.

Alternative strategies I'd suggest? Do NOT use beefalo. That's how I lost half my herd the second time fighting him on my best attempt at survival. I'd suggest buying out a load of pigs, tbh, cos they can juke and they will be quite helpful. Find a pig village, and give each pig 1 meat. That will pretty much ensure your victory. Can't really think of much else that may/may not work.

For the record, the first one which I manned out by myself, I was also fighting a hound wave. At the same time. During the night.

Also, I'm currently trying to beat adventure mode. First world was game is afoot, so I'm really putting an effort in as this is my favourite world to start on. Playing as wigfrid, which makes it even better, as the tallbirds and spiders are a permanent meat supply.

To give you a good idea of how I'm doing, here I am in my current location:
https://i.imgur.com/Ts5Ds0Q.png

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum