You are not connected. Please login or register

Available Options for Different Dorm Levels

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:57 am

Hello all. I need your suggestions about this thing. When you go to Rankings & Points you will see that there are some available options for each dorm.

Currently we have only signature and extra signature space. Extra space is only available for Cyber End while signature is available to every dorm except Slifer. Also, when something is mentioned there as option and gets available to all dorms, it means it isn't just to dormless crew. Else we wouldn't even put it there. For example, avatar. There is no need to mention things that are available to ALL members in the forum.

So if you got any suggestion that would be nice. Here are some guidelines when suggesting:

1. We don't want to limit core features of our site. This means, we won't use rules such as only dorm members can do tournaments. That might be hurting for our activity overall.

2. There are technical details that you can suggest, and ygo features. For example, I will make technical option soon for Keywords and Tagging other members. Keywords will enable you to tag specific words in topics and then you can search and get notified about some keywords being mentioned. For example you choose Boob as word and every time boob gets tagged, you won't miss it! Same with ppl tags, once you tag a member he or she will get notified and linked to the mentioned topic. This is pretty useful, and I will enable it for Slifers and above. Example of technical feature on the forum. Example of game feature would be like Yubel and Cyber End members can freely post articles to get reviewed and approved. For Yubel you need both practical and theoretical skills, you need to win an event and make a pro decklist at least. This means you get qualified to have granted access to that part of forum. For articles you can get much more points so this is a privilege. This is logical and balanced feature.

3. Don't suggest technical things that are totally dumb, like flashing usernames lol. Those are just harming the look and speed of the website. We want useful things only Grin

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:56 am

When we introduce GFX and Deck Shops, we will add those also to limitations here. Like, GFX can be slifer and above while Deck would be something like Obelisk and above.

Skitoritto

Skitoritto

Member [LV4]
Member [LV4]

Posted Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:23 am

Deck shops should be set to Slifer, as this system of ours rates activity not skill.

http://www.duelacademia.com

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:42 am

Profile song? Additional topic options? (like add more to "like", the way I showed from another forum to have a graph of how many of those you get, but it sounds complicated).

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:59 am

That's not possible within forumotion servers. I would have to use external ones. We might get some stuff from avacweb. some additions.

Profile Song is meh, I don't know if it's a good idea at all. It clogs profiles of ppl. We might do it, but just for cyber end lol. What I though was using cover photos and background changes for profiles instead Grin (that would add nice modification of their page).

Naito Raizu

Naito Raizu

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:27 pm

Well, since this is a system that rates our activity, maybe we have one of Heat's suggested Tournament of Champions or whatnot annually, and the only way to qualify for entrance is to be of a certain dorm?

I'm trying to think of other things we could do.

http://www.duelacademy.org

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum