After nearly 20 years of the franchise
It's time to duel again! Sign In or Register

You are not connected. Please login or register

Give up

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Dex

Dex

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:29 pm

What's the point in putting so much effort into a forumotion forum, if you have nothing to show for it. There are two very important techniques to building a forum and a member base. One is socializing, the other is showing members you're working hard for the site.
All I see here is lazy people, with the exception of the coder.

Amy, I really think you need to re-evaluate your reasons for leaving duel academy, and smarten up. People are amazed by the things you do, and I think the only reason this place is exists, is to elevate your pitiful self esteem. If you put in this much effort to DA, there would be a forum with the ability to pay it's staff. Here, all you do is visit the forum, work on your codes, change things around and that's it. Your user registration rates are low, and so is your turnover rate. Duel Academy's is basically the same, but has a higher volume of visitors. Is all your hard work and effort going to be for nothing, or are you going to come back to DA. Because at this point, it's still possible. However, trust must be earned, and we feel sorry that you had to resort to advertising like your staff has done in the past.

Naito Raizu

Naito Raizu

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:56 pm

Mate, instead of wasting your breath trying to put us down, focus on actually putting that effort into your DA.

Dex wrote: Your user registration rates are low, and so is your turnover rate. Duel Academy's is basically the same.

If this is the case, I can tell you none of our staff give a shit, even if your volume of visitors is higher. The fact that you feel the need to post this here is pathetic in itself. All it proves to us is that you are not confident enough in your own forum's ability to retain visitors should competition of equal status, run by people of equal skill appear.

We are busy, and I admit, we stalled and fell. But we're getting back on our feet, and we're going to keep throwing ourselves at this with new ideas and perspectives until it works. The reason we left is because Anzo and EJ wouldn't permit us to do that. All we were going to be was another forum in a collection of forums that all look the same, sound the same, and feel the same, had we stayed at old DA.

You felt kind enough to gift us with your wisdom, so I'll gift you with my own.

Stop talking, go back to your forum, and actually put some real effort in, instead of expecting DA's past success to carry you to the finish line. 'Cause if you don't, we're going to sink your ship and leave you behind.

http://www.duelacademy.org

Dex

Dex

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:26 pm

I posted because I think Amy is wasting her time. I don't give a shit about your time or even my own. My time is already spent in real life. And FYI, I'm not going to put any effort into DA. I'll be around, post, whatever. Just like everybody here. However, we have people to pick up the slack. You guys don't. You are all wasting your time here. I can already see this place won't last. All the other academy leaders hate you. Your members have been sending messages to their members/friends and trying to advertise your forum. just put your effort into something else. you have no chance of getting onto the first page of Google. I'm rambling, but still. Try to question what your doing here. What do you get out of it? You could have done the exact thing at DA Using the founder account.

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:36 pm

Oh this topic again, by Dex nonetheless.

Because this is a topic that comes out quite often, I will lock this topic. If Amy wants to answer to you she will, but she has no need to do that, she's too busy to answer to petty arguments.

/Locked.

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:24 pm

Dex wrote:What's the point in putting so much effort into a forumotion forum, if you have nothing to show for it. There are two very important techniques to building a forum and a member base. One is socializing, the other is showing members you're working hard for the site.
All I see here is lazy people, with the exception of the coder.

Amy, I really think you need to re-evaluate your reasons for leaving duel academy, and smarten up. People are amazed by the things you do, and I think the only reason this place is exists, is to elevate your pitiful self esteem. If you put in this much effort to DA, there would be a forum with the ability to pay it's staff. Here, all you do is visit the forum, work on your codes, change things around and that's it. Your user registration rates are low, and so is your turnover rate. Duel Academy's is basically the same, but has a higher volume of visitors. Is all your hard work and effort going to be for nothing, or are you going to come back to DA. Because at this point, it's still possible. However, trust must be earned, and we feel sorry that you had to resort to advertising like your staff has done in the past.

Hi Dex and thanks for the post, I do appreciate what you are implying from this.

I have been working with these people for a long time, back in old DA and now here. We have done remarkable things there (most of old DA still lives on things we introduced there: League, Pro Decklists, Dice Games, Supreme King, Achievement System etc) and now we are doing the next step here. You might call them lazy, but we manage to share the tasks very effectively.

Old DA and we might look the same, with exception that they got higher volume of visitors. But both me and you know that this place is now far more organized and almost whole innovation team that lead old DA to where it is now, is actually here. DA's innovation right now is changing Abandoned Dark name to Society of Light. That's it, for the 6 months of us not being there, they did just that. And of course cover their low activity with 99hrs view instead of 24. We all know academy times are slowly over as we veterans depart from the scene. Our activity atm is pretty low, but that's how it is when you start something. If we are still this low after a year, only then your words make sense. We all have real life jobs/college/otherthings to do. This is just our hobby. We might not be as popular as DA right now, but we don't want to just "stay active" if we are to spend time on forums. Our hobby is to build things, this is what we love to do even if we fail we had a lot of fun while doing it.

We could have done this in old DA of course. But, things are more complicated than you think Dex. New windows could also be called 9, but it's called 10 for a reason. I don't want to go into argues over it now, let's just say we got our reasons, some things made us just go. I personally just dislike that you ppl turn the story in your favor, not because we would not get as much members then, just because it's not true. As far as I remember, when we wanted to make new website, we first asked people what they think and based on the positive response we decided to make this happen. If that was not true, you wouldn't have any problem not censoring our name and all things regarding us in your DA, people would stay at your place even after giving them option to come here. Why do you have the need to do it at all? You tell them one story, we are bad (especially me) and cut a possibility for them to hear the other side of story. But don't worry, people are easily fooled but one thing you can't fool and that's time. It's just funny that you literally have to hide our link to stop people from coming here and tell us about cheap ways lol.

Aside that, even though both places can operate and live normally with tensions and all that, I believe that it will be more ethical if we make peace. You already have all rights here, nothing is censored, no one is banned, our staff can be staff at any other place, you can mention old DA as much as you want, speak and state your mind like you did now even if some people might find it offensive to our administration board. So we ended our turn, now it's your draw phase.

I will keep this unlocked for possible responses, but if some people start speaking unproductive then we don't need it anymore.

Kurono Satō

Kurono Satō

Veteran Member [LV3]
Veteran Member [LV3]

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:44 pm

POPULAR

I was gonna say something. But after reading what Amy did. I feel no need too. On with my business now.

jjh927

jjh927

Member [LV1]
Member [LV1]

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Two things:

1: Amy,
New windows could also be called 9, but it's called 10 for a reason.

It's so that people don't confuse it with windows 97.

2: Dex,
The title of this topic, "Give up." You know that's an evil villain cliche? "There's no point to even try challenging me! I have an impenetrable fortress guarded by unnamed minions and you're just a bunch of plot-relevant characters! Mwahahaha!" Seriously, that's what you're saying here. If there's one thing that must be avoided at all costs in life, it's becoming a cliched evil villain. He NEVER wins. He's all "Ha, you'll never overthrow me! I'm too powerful, and you're all weak and totally won't get any character development! And I have a magnificent arsehole!" but the protagonists always get enough character development to win, and the evil dude's arse has been deformed because he's been doing nothing but sitting on it all day. This isn't a "We're never gonna give up" speech, because, if it was going to shit, I probably would. If you want a theme for this paragraph, it's quite definitely "Fuck you, AND your anus!", because sometimes you just have to offer a challenge to people or there's no fun in life.

BlackJack607

BlackJack607

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:51 pm

"Fuck you, AND your anus!" I'm stealing this.

Gremlin

Gremlin

Posted Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:58 pm

well on man on man the anus is the only hole that could be considered fucking

everything else is just appetizers I mean who here considers a blowjob as sex, amIright

just consider it like this if sex would be a nice home cooked meal in the oven everything else would be like a microwaveable dinner, which isn't bad once in awhile

Nuran

Nuran

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:31 pm

POPULAR

But pming members on other acads was "Acad Advertising 101" was one of the reasons why DA was on top of the world in 2012

Amy Kool

Amy Kool

Member [LV3]
Member [LV3]

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Damn Nuran, why do I have to do wall of text speechez and you say it much better in just one-liner lol.

Facewall

Naito Raizu

Naito Raizu

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:40 pm

POPULAR

Because if you didn't do a wall of text, we'd be asking who the hell you were and what the hell you'd done with Amy.

http://www.duelacademy.org

Heatnix

Heatnix

Member [LV5]
Member [LV5]

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:16 pm

Nuran wrote:But pming members on other acads was "Acad Advertising 101" was one of the reasons why DA was on top of the world in 2012
 Post #10

/topic

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum